PDA

View Full Version : I'm happy I found this site! I need some suggestions please....

brendon_5
05-13-2009, 04:20 PM
My name is brendon. I have been looking into starting my own business in lawn and yard care for some years now, but simply haven't been able to find the time to do so. I've either been to busy with my other work or something else was taking up my time.
However, now i have only a job that i work once a week, so I was more than eager to get going on my business. I've created my logo, services, supplies list and all that. I do however need some big help on pricing advice, and what to do to make income in the fall and winter.
Also I need some help figuring out where to go and get licensed and how much it costs.

Really, i'm looking for any advice I can get, I would be very appreciative of any advice. Thank You and I look forward to hearing from anyone and everyone......:waving:

curbnaround
05-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Welcome Brendon,

I am going thru the licensing process myself. If you want to do it right and it sounds like you do this is a good place to start.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/

Then go here.

http://www.lni.wa.gov/

You can do alot of it by internet. For your license always pay the expedite fee. It is worth it when it comes to getting your paperwork processed.

I also see the training coarse that is offered on here. You may want to check it out.

KCfireman
05-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Don't waste your money on crap equipment. Buy a 36'' WB and then work your way up to the bigger ztr's.

mikebrent
05-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Hi, i just signed up on lawnsite.com so pretty new at this but i assume i can ask questions here also. Been in business for a while now doing lawn service but recently have been asked to do some sod laying and other various landscape jobs. My question is, how much does one charge for laying sod, and is it different if they have bought the sod and i am just laying it. I also recently moved to jacksonville from central florida and i tried to stay at 60 an hour with my last business. Does anyone know if those prices are similar in jax. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Mike.

DLAWNS
05-19-2009, 01:15 AM
Welcome to Lawnsite. I look forward to speaking with you in the future.

CBS Lawn Care Illinois
05-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Brendon congrats on getting out there and wanting to do lawn work.

Just get out there and do good quality work for people. Scrape some money together and get yourself some insurance if you've got equipment. Just take on what you can handle with the equipment you've got.

If it's a 19 inch push then do lawns that it can handle and treat your equipment like gold. There is different equipment for different mowing situations. For example smaller residential lot use a push.
For a bigger commercial property you'll want to have a 3-5ft rider with nice cutting ability. Be fair with people give them the time and then get out there and look for lawns man! Best of Luck!

Make your lawns look better then anybody else in the neighborhood and the rest is word of mouth. That's just what I have to say!
Bret
Owner/ Operator of CBS Lawn Care Dekalb Sycamore Geneva St. Charles Illinois :usflag::usflag:

Supreme Lawn Care
05-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Well said...CBS Lawn Care

CBS Lawn Care Illinois
05-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Thank you Supreme..Best of Luck

BrendonTW
08-03-2009, 12:52 AM
Welcome and you have the same name as me!

g21
08-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Hey Brendon, congrats on starting your own company. You will enjoy all the freedoms that come with being an entrepreneur. But make no mistake, there will be plenty of trials and tribulations along the way. Aside from becoming a good landscaper, make sure to spend equally as much time at mastering good sound business principals that will allow you to grow a "healthy, vibrant" business that will last. ALMA can provide you with some great guidance along the way, but especially as a start-up. But don't hesitate to ask for any advice...there are no dumb questions! Good Luck!
Tommy