PDA

View Full Version : How's this for a path light design? (from HD)

steveparrott
05-14-2009, 10:53 AM
HD suggests this design for their new LED path lights.

trailboss
05-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Looks Great!
I wonder if you can buy them like flowers - in an 18 count flat. Maybe a row of red ones right behind the front row would be nice.:laugh:

Pro-Scapes
05-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Whats worse is you still wont be able to see the path :laugh:

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Oh that is Beeeeeeautiful! Well I guess it is time for me to pack up and find something else to do now. No way I can compete with that!

I just love the spacing on those path / area lights.

cudaclan
05-14-2009, 10:38 PM
How clever, stacked like domino's.

pcrispy
05-15-2009, 09:40 AM
OK, so I read this site every day because I love this stuff, but seldom post because I don't do any of this for a living. I have only done lighting on my own home and for a year before that I studied this site and read everything I could on 12v landscape lighting for both design as well as safety and quality reasons. No one in my neighborhood had any sort of exterior lighting besides what was mounted on the garage (and it is one of the nicer neighborhoods in the area). So, I spend a decent amount and installed 12 bullets, 4 Large China paths, 2 niche, and one well light...... all Cast fixtures, wire and transformer. It was a ton of work for my first time and the neighbors all came over wondering why I was trenching through the mulch, under the sidewalk, etc. Well, in the end, it looks great and I will keep adding to it. I already plan to move my current 600w transformer around back for lighting back there, and so that I can put a larger one in the front and add more hubs and lights and keep it under 80% load. All this to say, I enjoy the technical issue of this industry as well as the amazing designs that you guys do, and the results that even my setup has produced.

So........ after the neighbors all had a heart attack and couldn't believe how nice it all looked and so on (I wouldn't tell them exactly how much it cost, I just said "a lot") they said that they needed to do something like that. So, a couple neighbors across the street have installed the very exact above mentioned HD pathlights. However, they each only have about 4 or 5 and they are spaced 10-15 feet apart. Seriously, at night it is very hard to even see that they are on. They would equate to a 1/4 or 1/2 the brightness of one mini Christmas tree bulb and they are BLUE! You guys know all this, but it still shocks me how people can still accept this as "OK" lighting. I guess that it just helps make mine look even 10 times nicer so I shouldn't complain. :rolleyes:

IntegrityGuy
05-15-2009, 01:58 PM
I dont know what would look worse, Those lights.... or pink flamingos in the front yard...