PDA

View Full Version : Your tips for bed and tree edging??

GarPA
04-01-2002, 07:50 AM
Have a job later this week. Some of it i will do by hand, the slighty curved and straight beds with a trenchmaster. Any tips on doing 'almost perfect' circles around trees? THere are no edges in the yard right now...grass goes right up to tree trunk....15 trees to do. I always measure and spot mark with spray paint but sometimes my circles get a little out of shape. I think I saw one guy using like a half moon picece of cardboard but I suppose I'd need diff sizes depending on the size of the bed required???....thanks much

foxslawncare
04-01-2002, 08:13 AM
:blob4: try tieing string to tree and to paint then walk it around.

Russo
04-01-2002, 11:34 AM
FOXS idea sounds good.

To me, it's like thinning an overgrown apple tree, or designing a landscape; you can apply certain principles..but in the end, you just have to feel it, man.:cool:

Good Luck, Landscraper

Harvestman
04-01-2002, 06:09 PM
I did 10 trees today, with a trenchmaster.I did them all by site,it just takes practice.

sbvfd592
04-01-2002, 07:11 PM
ya i did 15 trees by eye its not hard just go slow they look good

ohiolawnguy
04-01-2002, 10:47 PM
like they all say, it takes practice. if the beds aren't that large, and i am worried about it, i will use a shovel or rake, butt the end against the tree and go around marking the bed with turf marking paint at equal distances all the way around the tree.

wow if that wasnt my longest run on sentence ever-LOL

ronslawncare
04-01-2002, 11:15 PM
i been doing alot of these lately the tree rings.how do you price them i charge 25.00 each .i just got a new edgeing job today.it is becomeing popular maybe i should invest in a trench master.make sure you sell them on mulching the new bed or adding topsoil .

mikal
04-01-2002, 11:49 PM
If you are ify about doing it by eye maybe make a chulk line. The kind of chulk that a carpender uses in a string spool.