PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu builds tough commercial trucks

South Florida Lawns
05-14-2009, 03:39 PM
So I have narrowed my search down to the NPR HD for my lawn and landscape business. I always wondered just how well these trucks hold up to commercial use and abuse. A good friend of mine runs a water softener business and their son does the salt delivery's. Now I have seen what these trucks will do first hand as they typically run 3 pallets of bagged salt on the 12' flatbed, that's over 7k. Their son is very hard on everything, trucks included and where previous 1 ton's have rusted in half and had many broken axles over the years, the Isuzu has only seen regular oil changes and 4 sets of tires during the 5 years they had the truck and about 250k miles. I think that a cab over like this will be a wise investment for me running a 48" and a 60" Z.

ToroLandscaper
05-15-2009, 12:01 AM
So I have narrowed my search down to the NPR HD for my lawn and landscape business. I always wondered just how well these trucks hold up to commercial use and abuse. A good friend of mine runs a water softener business and their son does the salt delivery's. Now I have seen what these trucks will do first hand as they typically run 3 pallets of bagged salt on the 12' flatbed, that's over 7k. Their son is very hard on everything, trucks included and where previous 1 ton's have rusted in half and had many broken axles over the years, the Isuzu has only seen regular oil changes and 4 sets of tires during the 5 years they had the truck and about 250k miles. I think that a cab over like this will be a wise investment for me running a 48" and a 60" Z.

I have an Isuzu which is a 1996 and it is a little beast. They are extremely easy to maneuver in traffic and the turning radius is great. They are extremely tough trucks. Mine is not even the "HD" but I have had unreal amounts of mulch on the back of it.

What kind of 60" Z do you have?

South Florida Lawns
05-16-2009, 04:55 PM
I have an Isuzu which is a 1996 and it is a little beast. They are extremely easy to maneuver in traffic and the turning radius is great. They are extremely tough trucks. Mine is not even the "HD" but I have had unreal amounts of mulch on the back of it.

What kind of 60" Z do you have?

I'm looking at the new G3's

lawn king
05-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Season 7 on my NPR HD diesel, She pushes a 9' snoway plow & hauls snow during the winter. She doe's everything from spraying to hauling during the season. Hands down, the best work truck we have ever run in 31 years of business!

South Florida Lawns
05-16-2009, 08:32 PM
LawnKing do you have the auto trans? If so have you ever expirenced the truck surching for a gear with a real heavy load?

lawn king
05-17-2009, 08:09 AM
I have the aisain 4 speed, no gear searching issues.