PDA

View Full Version : Can a 2 stroke mantis do a sod job?

thegreek
05-14-2009, 02:46 PM
My rototillers just went out and I have a mantis 2 stroke I just got. The job is 600 sq ft and need ammendments tilled in. The home owner is soaking it down for 30 mins today and Im doing the job saturday. Will the mantis help me till in the topsoil/compost good? Never used one for a job like this. Also how long do you guys think it will take me with this tiny tiller.

jsw2008
05-14-2009, 03:02 PM
I just did a sod job the same size with my Stihl yard boss mini tiller. It took a little longer because it has the pick type tines, but the end result was fine. I'm thinking of getting some bolo type tines for it to make mixing in ammendments easier.

laxratnd
05-14-2009, 03:27 PM
hey, your mantis should be fine. Yeah it might take a little longer but it will mix them up pretty darn good. If you want test it on something to see how it goes. Just remember it works better if you pull it backwards. It should do the job though. They are great little tillers. i have the 4 stroke version and it works. But hey since your in a grind i guess ull just have to have it take a little longer.