PDA

View Full Version : Jrco Hooker Aerator

Taylorman
05-14-2009, 06:00 PM
I wanted to give props to Jrco for their fine products. I bought a spreader from them and its to notch. I needed an aerator next, did alot of research and decided on the jrco. I got mixed feedback on this site but decided to go for it due to the quality of the spreader i bought and the great conversation i had with Bill at Jrco. We'll today was out first day using it and its awesome. Beats the hell out of a walk behind. Its as easy as driving a ztr mower. It pull loose cores of dirt and leaves a hole that i can stick my thumb in. So we are using it everywhere we have room to and we are renting a walk behind to trim areas we can reach.

JRCO
05-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks for your kind words and thank you for your business. I'm glad to hear they are working well for you.

Keep in touch!

Bill

Taylorman
05-15-2009, 04:56 PM
I was able to get a little seat time with the Jrco aerator today. Here is a pic of one of my guys using it.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/vidrinek/Scotts/iPhone061.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/vidrinek/Scotts/iPhone023.jpg

mkmscr
09-08-2009, 10:02 PM
How much can I expect to pay (roughly) to add this hooker to my tiger cub 48"? I have hard sandy\clay soil here in New England, will the tines dig out a 3" plug? Do you add weight? I am about to shell out $1000 to a landscaper for aeration for my 60k sq. ft. lawn and thought it might be more cost effective to buy something for myself.Thoughts?

JRCO
09-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Mkmscr,

Thanks for your phone call just now. I hope I answered your questions. Let me know if you think of anything else.

We appreciate you considering our products.

Sincerely,
Bill

artman1
09-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Will this work on a walkbehind?

TennisBum
09-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Tayloman, those pics look real good. Did you hit any roots with your Jrco? If so how did it hold up?
Thanks

JRCO
09-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Will this work on a walkbehind?

Hi Artman,

We don't recommend it for use on walkbehinds. I think you'd be happier having it mounted on a mid-mount ZTR that has a bit more weight and better traction.

Thanks for the post. Feel free to contact me if you have more questions.

Bill

WGLandscapeMaintenance
10-15-2009, 11:45 AM
What if you were to add weights the front of the WB, I'm sure that has to allow the aerator to get more traction, yes?

LawnGuy73
10-23-2009, 02:54 PM
I wanted to give props to Jrco for their fine products. I bought a spreader from them and its to notch. I needed an aerator next, did alot of research and decided on the jrco. I got mixed feedback on this site but decided to go for it due to the quality of the spreader i bought and the great conversation i had with Bill at Jrco. We'll today was out first day using it and its awesome. Beats the hell out of a walk behind. Its as easy as driving a ztr mower. It pull loose cores of dirt and leaves a hole that i can stick my thumb in. So we are using it everywhere we have room to and we are renting a walk behind to trim areas we can reach.

I totally agree with you Taylorman. After some hesitation, a ton of research, and a few conversations with both Pat and Bill with Jrco we purchased a Hooker Aerator last week. This thing is awesome! Very well built and very efficient. This is now our sixth piece of equipment we have bought from Jrco.

Thanks Guys, keep up the good work!

JRCO
10-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Great pic, Matt. Thanks! Glad it's working well for you.

What if you were to add weights the front of the WB, I'm sure that has to allow the aerator to get more traction, yes?

Hey WG,

It's not that you would add weight to the front of the WB, ideally you'd want weight on the drive wheels of the WB. That's where your traction will be improved.

As you can see on the picture Matt posted of the Wright Stander, he's got pretty big drive wheels with lots of traction and then the added weight of the operator right over the drive wheels. That makes a big difference.

If you're going to be maneuvering and aerating quickly (which is the whole point of using the Hooker aerator) you would want as much traction as you could get.

It's not that you couldn't hook up the aerator to a walkbehind but I just think you'd be happier with it mounted on a midmount ZTR or 48"+ stand-on type machine.

Please call or email me if you have more questions.

Thanks!

Bill

WGLandscapeMaintenance
10-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Oh, now I see what you meant but traction, I thought it was because the hooker wouldn't get traction but you meant the mower wheels, the WB I'd have it on will have either the goslide/proslide to add to more weight and more traction. However, I'm looking into buying a 52 or 60 inch ZTR (midmount of course), so then I wouldn't have to worry about traction issues. Still unsure on my purchase, but regardless, I'll be buying a JRCO aerator hooker, much better than dealing with a walk behind aerator.