PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Scag Turf Tiger problems

haligans1
05-15-2009, 11:28 AM
I have a 2002 Scag Turf Tiger with original Kohler CV25 engine. It will not run except for excessive use of starting fluid...lol. Anyway, I cleaned carb and reinstalled, made sure fuse for fuel solenoid was good (since last time I had a problem with it running it was only fuel solenoid fuse) and still won't run. I disonnected fuel line from pump and dropped it to ground and fuel flowed steadily into coffee can, so fuel filter and lines are ok. Reattached line to fuel pump, and disconnected line from carb. Cranked engine and am getting absolutely no fuel from pump. So does that mean fuel pump is bad, or will a bad fuel solenoid prevent pump from working? How would I test solenoid? likewise, how do I take fuel pump off? looks like it has a pin in each corner holding it to valve cover. Or are those small screws accessed from underside of valve cover? I am not a mechanic obviously but do try to fix things myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
John, Haligan's Lawn Care

haligans1
05-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haligans1
05-31-2009, 11:31 AM
Ordered new Carb and fuel soleniod....will see what that does.

ed2hess
05-31-2009, 06:50 PM
I would have replaced the fuel pump first.

Mahoney3223
06-01-2009, 10:50 PM
check your spark plugs they could be fouled from all the starting fluid...also could be that the valves are out of adjustment and you have overheated the motor and need a valve job, i've had this happen 2x one on a kohler one on a kaw with 300 hours