PDA

View Full Version : Is Atom Lighting open or closed?

Alan B
05-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Does anyone know the status of Atom Lighting in AZ? VM only on corp # over last couple months. Anyone know there main distribution channels, rep or where to buy?

Thanks!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-16-2009, 08:33 AM
I did not see them at Lightfair last week, whereas I have seen them previously at that trade show.

Last time I spoke to the owner (Spring 2008) he seemed rather jittery, sort of on the edge. Perhaps they have succumbed to the bad economic conditions? I specifically asked if his line was going to be approved for use in Canada (of course, what else would I ask right?) and he said that they were "working some things through" and that updating the listings would not be happening any time soon.

Pro-Scapes
05-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Its been about 2 years since I talked to the boys at atom. They had some really nice products but when I emailed to ask em some qiestions I never got a reply.

irrig8r
05-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Ewing was the only place I saw them on the shelf. Last year Ewing was blowing them out - like they're doing with NS product now, like 55% off list - and they don't appear in their current catalog.

I had a long talk with the owner a few years back and he sent me some really robust samples. I liked the bead blasted finishes.

Eden Lights
05-16-2009, 12:01 PM
They had the best marketing print materials I had ever seen in this Industry. I think I saved one of all their pieces as reference they were so good I thought.

NightLightingFX
05-16-2009, 03:56 PM
There products look good, but DAMN expensive. And their long life xenon lamps SUCK! I tried them I was not impressed.
~Ned

Pro-Scapes
05-16-2009, 11:23 PM
duplicate see below.

Pro-Scapes
05-16-2009, 11:25 PM
I do have one of the little paths around here somewhere. I used it as a center piece at a wedding and got alot of questions about that finish. It was really cool looking. I think the price point and marketing just wasnt a winning combonation for atom ??? When I talked to the reps they said they were installers too but didnt seem to know a ton about the industry.

Just because it looks nice and comes with a fancy catalog and is really expensive doesnt mean its the best either. Ned I have a hard time imagining you were not impressed by atom when you like the smoky fixture so much.

NightLightingFX
05-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Ned I have a hard time imagining you were not impressed by atom when you like the smoky fixture so much.

I don't understand your question, and I am not sure where you are going with the question??? I really LOVE Atom's MR16 well lights. They copied your buddy's (Mike G's) design. But they charge WAY TOO much for any their stuff. For the price they are asking, nothing is that good.

The big smoky is extremly functionable. I like its design better than any of CopperMoon's current & Uniques directional fixtures. Oh, and it just so happens to be VERY reasonably priced.
~Ned

Pro-Scapes
05-17-2009, 11:31 PM
It wasnt a question. I didnt see a question mark.

That smokey looks just like another light I have seen too. Both came out a year or 2 after the original gambino toscana too. Hrrmmmmm

I also belive Mike G said that he borrowed that hanger idea for the well lights from another manu but improved the overall glare control.

NightLightingFX
05-18-2009, 12:11 AM
It wasnt a question. I didnt see a question mark.

That smokey looks just like another light I have seen too. Both came out a year or 2 after the original gambino toscana too. Hrrmmmmm

I also belive Mike G said that he borrowed that hanger idea for the well lights from another manu but improved the overall glare control.

The Big Smoky is very similar to Mike G's directional (I love the adjustable shroud) except the Big Smoky has a screw on cylinder quite different from Mike G's design.

BQL has a total knock off of Mike G's well light fixture except the housing for the lamp is total CRAP. I also get the impression that BQL is the epitomy of scum suckers in the lighting industry.

I really wish there was a MR16 well light similar to Mike G's or Atom's that was available.
~Ned

Az Gardener
05-18-2009, 12:16 AM
A local irrigation supply house "Sprinkler World" caried them I will check with them tomorrow.

Pro-Scapes
05-18-2009, 12:21 AM
Ever looked at the FX well ?

The bullet from Mike G your speaking of is the old version. The new version is much more robust and pleasing on the eye.

NightLightingFX
05-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Ever looked at the FX well ?

The bullet from Mike G your speaking of is the old version. The new version is much more robust and pleasing on the eye.

Yep, I have had one in my possession for the last 3 years. I think it is an awsome fixture. It is very expensive - I am not saying it isn't worth the cost. I just haven't had a project that could afford something like that.

Isn't that the fixture Mike G got his design from?

Pro-Scapes
05-19-2009, 01:04 AM
I dont know. Why dont you ask him.