PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use this?

JoeyD
05-15-2009, 06:25 PM
http://eztrench.com/wire-cable-installers/ts1000

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3967613380941633039

TXNSLighting
05-16-2009, 12:27 AM
Interesting...that could be helpful. I like how it back fills for ya.

White Gardens
05-16-2009, 12:59 AM
That thing looks pretty sweet. I would have liked to use one of those on an invisible dog fence I just did.

David Gretzmier
05-16-2009, 09:29 AM
I demo'd this and other LV installer items at the GIE expo in Louisville,KY last October. I don't believe this is the particular unit, but the ones that seem to work best are the vibratory ploy types that look like a sewing machine.

This unit seems to be an EZ-trench with a front guide bar and wire spooler on the handle. works like an edger or circular saw that cuts a 1 inch wide trench, what you leave behind is a small filled trench with wire.

The plow/sewing machine units leave behind a line more what I am used to with a sharp flat blade shovel. I would choose this type unit with a carbide tipped blade.

Other units function like a sod cutter/bed edger, again with a sewing machine action that cuts back and forth, allowing you to lift a "v" of sod off, lay your wire and replace stomp back in the v.

all of them seemed to be priced from 1500 to 3000 bucks, which compared to a plain old heavy duty 4 wheel 5.5 horse honda lawn edger at around 500 bucks, makes you wonder.

Pro-Scapes
05-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Its no wonder. The lawn edger wont go near deep enough unless your using some type of different blade.

I have a trenchmaster thats basically like an eztrench. I preffer the hand dug meathod especially in irrigated yards. IT just looks nicer when complete. I have used the trenchmaster thru wooded areas and on new construction prewires but probably not enough to justify owning it. It cuts 1.5" wide by 7" deep.

Being hand installed by the company owners is one of our biggest selling points. I go for zero property disturbance. I replace straw that gets messed up or remulch where needed when I am done. I would probably sell the trenchmaster for the right price

BrandonV
05-16-2009, 10:32 AM
pretty cool

klkanders
05-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Billy,
What model trenchmaster do you have?

Keith

Sorry just re-read your post...it must be the F704 given the width and depth of cut you mentioned.
That is a great machine!

Pro-Scapes
05-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Billy,
What model trenchmaster do you have?

Keith

Sorry just re-read your post...it must be the F704 given the width and depth of cut you mentioned.
That is a great machine!

Not sure on model. Its not steerable but I can change the cutting head to do different things like edge beds. Trying to backfill the little slot can be a headache. I will use it some but its not like I carry it in my trailer or anything. I tend to be scared to use it anywhere there is irrigation systems or anywhere a phone line might be. Last time I tried I spent more time fixing things than it would have taken me to use a spade. Where it shines is new construction work when you get to prewire pre sod. Its not that much faster than I am with a shovel by the time I try to backfill and such.