PDA

View Full Version : i have a problem on the toro 6500 d

tenech
05-16-2009, 11:12 AM
hi ppl i have a problem on the toro 6500 d , the problem is when i start it up it don't holds on it switch off imaged when i live the key .on the safe starter it will hold.cane u help me pls

Greenwrench
05-16-2009, 12:07 PM
If I understand you correctly, I believe you are saying that the machine shuts down when you release the key from the start position? If so, check/bypass the seat switch, and see if it stays running. Check the traction neutral switch. (Ensure it does not "creep") Clean the area under the control panel and make sure it is dry. Remember to disconnect the battery ground while unplugging things. Also, that machine has problems if there are ground issues. Clean all the grounding points, including the battery ground. If all that fails to work, examine the connections to the valve block spool solenoids. If that fails, check all connections for continuity. There are numerous lockouts that can fail, and the only way to find the problem is to verify each switch's function. It can be a nuisance. Sometimes the reel engage switch can be an issue as well. Does that machine have the "ACE" diagnostic feature? Is there a light flashing under the console?

Good luck! And post back with how you are doing and I'll try and help if I can.

tenech
05-16-2009, 12:26 PM
10x man i will check on Monday and i will send u as sune as possible .no there are no lights flexing .could be the main relay ? the one under the seat.

Greenwrench
05-16-2009, 08:59 PM
There is an awful lot under the seat on the 6500! LOL But you will more than likely find the trouble there. Again, check the seat switch. Another switch you might check is the park brake switch; which I think is located on the back of the cover of the steering column. (Sorry, I'm going from memory here) I am fairly certain the seat switch is the problem though, so start there. Just remember to replace the seat switch if it is faulty. It is extremely dangerous to operate that machine with the seat switch bypassed!

I'll check back here on Monday to see how you made out.

Hasta Luego! :canadaflag:

BTW, if someone has the technical specs. on hand, feel free to jump in! I'm afraid all I have is my perforated memory!

tenech
05-17-2009, 02:24 AM
hi this morning i want to the garage and i doable check . and yes it has the ACE diagnostic light , and when the units are driving the light is on . and this morning it waked fine with no problems . and when i terned the cutting units speed it switched off . i ting that is a Nader problem ?

Greenwrench
05-17-2009, 08:32 PM
and when i terned the cutting units speed it switched off . i ting that is a Nader problem ?

Do you mean that when you engaged the cutting units the engine turned off? Or, the engine stops running when you try to adjust the reel speed with the engine running? Either way, if you aren't in the seat, the engine will shut down as soon as you engage the cutting units; unless it is in backlap mode. Try flicking the backlap switch back and forth a number of times. It may be dirty or faulty.

BTW if the unit is equipped with ACE, use the diagnostic tester: It might help isolate the problem switch. If you don't have one, get it! It can save a lot of time... (Sometimes)

tenech
05-18-2009, 04:37 PM
hi 2 day i disconnect the seat safety switch and it worked fine . but when the engine is running idle . and i terned the cutting speed it terns off and i am on the seat . i tine that the variable resistor is not good (the speed nob ) and same time when i am cutting the ace light terns on , and same time is off :confused:, now i am little more Happy lol ,cose it is working batter .

Greenwrench
05-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Thats good. As I said before, the area under the console usually get full of debris and water; causing all kinds of trouble. If you haven't already, clean it out and dry it. Then check/lubricate all the switches and connectors. (After disconnecting the battery negative first of course) Do the same under the seat and everywhere else you see connectors. They are "weather proof" mostly, but can get corroded or dirty. It might also be a good idea to remove the large connector (it has a retaining bolt) from the computer and clean/lubricate it as well. Use a good dielectric grease or equivalent on all the connections etc. I have found "Fluid Film" works very well for electrical connections.

With the variable potentiometer (the reel speed dial) it won't be a problem if you simply set the reel speed to maximum while cutting. Remember, the machine is designed to cut with the engine at full throttle. The only time you should lower the rpms is when backlapping. See if you can find an ACE testing tool.

Have to run. Let me know how things are going!

Manana!

tenech
05-18-2009, 05:25 PM
OK 10 x we see 2morrow Watt will heaping

tenech
05-19-2009, 03:25 PM
hi there i ting the problem was the brake sensor Cos 2 day i open the control of the steering and i clan it and it wrecked OK .and it was full of grass . and the contacts were very dray , 10x man .if u have a problem let me now .

Greenwrench
05-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Good news! Looks like you fixed it? There are a number of lockouts that will kill the engine. However, most of them are negated by the seat switch. Just for the record, pressing the traction pedal with the parking brake on should kill the motor. Even with the seat switch bypassed. Remember to reactivate the seat switch or replace it if damaged! It is extremely unsafe to operate that machine with the seat switch bypassed!!! A lot of people complain about all the lockouts and electronics on the Toro light fairway mowers, but they are there for a good reason. Keeping the entire machine clean and serviced will help keep the switches from causing trouble. Most, if not all of the problems I have encountered with those mowers has been from poor maintenance practises.

Enjoy using one of the best fairway mowers ever built! :dancing: