PDA

View Full Version : Advertising...

brendon_5
05-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Just a quick question, I know there's not one specific BEST way to advertise, but I just wanna know in YOUR eyes, what's the best way for ADVERTISING that you've had the most success with.....?:weightlifter::cool2:

Client Critic
05-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Well... it really depends on your market. If you live in a small town, then of course word of mouth and face to face marketing (flyers, knocking on doors, handing out biz cards).

Now if you are in a large market, then creating a group for your business on Facebook... Twitter is popular... gosh there are so many ways...

Sometimes an email marketing campaign works well, but is very expensive.

What have you tried so far?

Dunlaps LawnCare
05-16-2009, 07:54 PM
flyers&newspaper adds

bohiaa
05-16-2009, 09:01 PM
I found flyers to be too costly. your reaching 1 customer per flyer, in an entire day 2 guys can reach maybe 1000. while I make 700.00 a day from 2 guys...

making the cost VERY high.

rnd
05-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Go to RNDSIGNS.COM (http://rndsigns.com)to see hundreds of advertising methods and print layout ideas that work for lawn care company's from all over the U.S. Request a FREE marketing handbook.

TJLANDS
05-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Everyone is going to have a dif opinion on this, heres mine.
I no longer spend a penny on any newspapers.
I do two direct mailings per year. One residential one commercial.
The Direct Mail post card at the right time is the best way to advertise.
Mailed out 15K this spring(residential), half on 4/8 and half on 4/15, total cost $4550. Still getting some laggards calling but for the most part about 200 calls.
If I sign a new customer on a new Street my guys will blanket the block with door hangers the first time they cut the house.
I am still in the phone book but it is just the name and number for people that saw the truck but couldn't read it fast enough. And even that money is coming to an end with Google and the Internet. I get calls from Internet people on a regular basis now. The phone book is dieing, I went to cancel my listing in the phone book and they cut my rate in half.
Does anyone really read a newspaper anymore?

greendave
06-03-2009, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=TJLANDS;2995965]..........snip...... Still getting some laggards calling but for the most part about 200 calls.

How many of those calls have turned into bonified customer?

If I sign a new customer on a new Street my guys will blanket the block with door hangers the first time they cut the house. ........... snip....

Great idea, I like that! Do you have a sample you can share?

TJLANDS
06-03-2009, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE=TJLANDS;2995965]..........snip...... Still getting some laggards calling but for the most part about 200 calls.

How many of those calls have turned into bonified customer?

If I sign a new customer on a new Street my guys will blanket the block with door hangers the first time they cut the house. ........... snip....

Great idea, I like that! Do you have a sample you can share?

We are still working jobs scheduled from the mailer this spring.
I signed about 20 full service customers, which avg about 2500 each
Also signed several just mowing customers, some fert only and some nice landscape and mulch jobs.
I use LPB graphics.com, I am sure they would show you my ads.