PDA

View Full Version : Door to Door marketing expert needed!

Loooogie
05-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Started a sealing business late last year, never had a business before and never done anytype of sales. :weightlifter:

I want to hire a couple of students to help me with the door to door sales but before I hire them I would like to give them some material to work with because I do not think it is fair to send them out with nothing! :canadaflag:

Loooogie
05-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Any suggestions, opinions, or help would be appreciated!

IntegrityGuy
05-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Just pass out flyers on mail boxes. The one drive ways that you see that need it done i would ring the door bell and ask the home owner. If they do not answer DO NOT put the flyer on the door, becuase it will sit there forever.

I have the best luck passing out flyers on maiol boxes.

TXNSLighting
05-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Just pass out flyers on mail boxes. The one drive ways that you see that need it done i would ring the door bell and ask the home owner. If they do not answer DO NOT put the flyer on the door, becuase it will sit there forever.

Except for the fact that its illegal to put those on mail boxes...Terrible advice.

Loooogie
05-17-2009, 11:59 PM
Except for the fact that its illegal to put those on mail boxes...Terrible advice.

What would you suggest?

Loooogie
05-18-2009, 12:03 AM

I am looking for advise with door to door sales. So what happens after the door rings?

Walk ups are great but does not happen much.

StratfordSealing
05-18-2009, 01:59 AM
I find a sales person that goes door to door and a helper helping you thats also a decent sales person going door to door when you dont have a driveway to do works pretty good. You stop somewhere with potential give em both some flyers and some before and after pictures and let them loose, ive had some very good days doing this but it all depends on how good they can sell. Im not good at going door to door and im not a natural when it comes to sales so this way worked good for me.

Loooogie
05-18-2009, 02:11 AM
I find a sales person that goes door to door and a helper helping you thats also a decent sales person going door to door when you dont have a driveway to do works pretty good. You stop somewhere with potential give em both some flyers and some before and after pictures and let them loose, ive had some very good days doing this but it all depends on how good they can sell. Im not good at going door to door and im not a natural when it comes to sales so this way worked good for me.

That makes two of us, I wish I was a natural born sales person. I never had to sell in my life before. :cry:

So do you quote low and try to get alot of volume in the area or do you find it better to price it higher so you can pay for your sales guy? payup

I am tring to make up a sales script for my guys, any suggestions? Feel free to private message me.

bohiaa
05-18-2009, 07:47 AM
Check your town's laws. most of the time you cant knock on doors, and or ring the door bell. Just go pass out flyers. but dont disturbe anyone

Loooogie
05-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Check your town's laws. most of the time you cant knock on doors, and or ring the door bell. Just go pass out flyers. but dont disturbe anyone

Door to door sales are fine up here :canadaflag:

Infact alot of large companies do it, like Sears. The big phone companies do it, gas companies, and electric companies as well!

Door to door sales are part of the economy, it is a way to get new customers because not everybody can be reached by flyers.

No Soliciting signs in this area will stop the door to door sales, 99.9% of sales people respect those signs.