PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Engine

icwhite
05-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Can anyone help me cross reference this engine for a replacement - It is leaking oil out of the top bearing (it is shot) . 25 HP Kawasaki (FH721V-BS07).
I would like to know what my options are and what engines will work on my mower it is a 2002, 52" Wright Sentar. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
IC White

pugs
05-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Are you looking to stick with Kawasaki? That would probably be the easiest. Do you want the same 25 HP or wanna save a bit on a 23? Do you want the heavy duty air cleaner setup or just the regular one?

White Gardens
05-17-2009, 01:59 PM
95% of the time the mounting bolts for a replacement are the same as the one you got now regardless of model.

The only critical part is the output shaft (end of crank). You just have to make sure the size and length are correct.

icwhite
05-17-2009, 07:33 PM
I was looking for the cheapest way out to get it up and mowing, I only use it around the house. I like Kawasaki but I don't like their price. Will a briggs or kohler do the job they are a lot cheaper ? It does not have to be a 25hp. Thoughts and ideas welcome .

Thanks,
IC White

icwhite
05-17-2009, 08:28 PM
I was looking for the cheapest way out to get it up and mowing, I only use it around the house. I like Kawasaki but I don't like their price. Will a briggs or kohler do the job they are a lot cheaper ? It does not have to be a 25hp. Thoughts and ideas welcome .

Thanks,
IC White

I was also looking at a 24hp Honda engine, what do you think.

pugs
05-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Problem with going away from Kawasaki is finding a muffler that will work. I dont see many Sentars so not sure if they use the off the shelf Kawasaki muffler or something special made by someone else for Wright.

When I get some time I will lookup that S07 spec and see what size crank it is. All you need is an engine with a similar crank and a charging system to keep up with the electric clutch.

unkownfl
05-18-2009, 11:26 AM
You need to make sure it has a fuel pump if the old one has one. You also need to look at your linkages choke and throttle and make sure they will work. If you change manufactures you will most likely need to drill new mounting holes. The muffler may not work.

Kawasakiquality
05-19-2009, 02:22 PM
The replacement engine is FH721V-BS25-S

Ruben Rocha
05-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Before you spend big bucks on a new engine, are your certain it is the bearing or could it be just the seal?

icwhite
05-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Thanks for all the info, I will check the seal before I get another engine.

IRRITECH
05-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Leaking oil out of the top seal would be a fix, not a replacement.

If you have to replace it look at www.smallenginewarehouse.com

(fuel pumps unbolt and bolt right up to any engine that requires one.)

And remember, engines are not normally sold with mufflers.