PDA

View Full Version : Color Kinetics

Lite4
05-17-2009, 01:10 PM
I am getting ready to start my first interior project using color kinetic LED technology. I am really excited about these products. It is a big change from outdoor lighting. Anyone else have any experience using these?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Tim, I have just specified a bunch of Color Kinetic's (Lightolier) RGB linear fixtures (cove) and White recessed step lights into an interior architectural job I am working on.

I just saw the product at lightfair and it is very well designed and produced.

Lite4
05-17-2009, 10:39 PM
I have some of the junior lineors and icolorcoves going into a custom built bar and theatre room. I am building some small lightboxes behind the frosted glass of the bar and using a dmx controller to change up the color schemes for the bar top.

Pro-Scapes
05-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Tim make sure you get some pics of this. I am looking to do something like that for our cove lighting at our house. Might have to fly you down here this winter to do some fishing and have at it.

NiteTymeIlluminations
05-18-2009, 01:21 PM
We just used a few hundred at a night club we just finished. Turned out amazing!!! I'll load up some pictures when I get a chance.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Hey Tim, I am also working with the Icove product for a bar application... We are going a bit further with this one! The base of the bar has been built to accomodate 18 Icolor strips linked end to end down two channels. The top of the bar is going to be three types of glass laminated together. Fist a 1/4" colimating layer that focuses the light and intensifies it. Then a 2" thick layer of shattered tempered glass, then a 1/4" layer of diamondkote. The light will travel through the focusing layer, then along all of the shatter lines through the tempered, then it hits the film in the diamondkoat that creates a multipoint starbust effect as light hits it.

The net effect will be a glass top bar that will have multicolour capability and looks like a bed of crushed diamonds when lit up.

Then there is the textured glass backsplash area. Here I am using LED lightpanels to back light this piece of 1/4" textured glass. When the light travels through it, the glass looks like sliver woven silk.

The bar area is going to be spectacular when complete.

Lite4
05-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Wow James, that sounds flippin cool.* I love the crackeled glass look.* That should be sweeeet!* My project is not as intense as yours.* As you can see from the pics he had some LED rope light originally under the glass but it got way too hot and I think the little IC boards fried.* I will be using the dmx controller to change up the colors under each glass circle randomly or create a wave effect across the top.* The theatre room is just through the doorway in the next room.* It has some pretty cool shelving and will sport a neat back drop of color panels behind it.