PDA

View Full Version : Trugreen Television commercial

Runner
04-01-2002, 07:22 PM
Man, there was just an ad on t.v. for TG/CL that was unbelivable. It was about a 1 to 1 and a half minute slot. Alot of color, and a good campaign. When it showed the tech guy out feeling the customers lawn and smiling in satisfaction, I don't know who had been caring for that lawn, but it certainly didn't look like one of theirs. Quite a commercial though.

mickman
04-01-2002, 08:33 PM
JUST FIRED TRUEGREEN/CHEMLAWN!!at least they have a good commercial working for them. they did a terrible job on my commercial accounts, weeds everywhere. I think they ride through the parking lot and just stick in their flags. not to mention that they did apps we didn't even have on contract.......lol gettin' that coin!

yergus
04-01-2002, 08:50 PM
us smaller companies got them worried, and i personally have taken several of their accounts from them, so i guess they have a reason to be worried.

MATTHEW
04-01-2002, 09:38 PM
The only true part of it was that most apps are done in less than 15 min (reguardless of the acreage) LOL.:laugh:

ronslawncare
04-01-2002, 10:25 PM
i just got a customer that told me they put like 14 or so apps on his lawn or something lol is this crazy or is he lying .his lawn is in bad shape to much fert .

tpl
04-02-2002, 04:43 AM
Was a sales rep for chemlawn before I started my business. The techs were allways known for "ghosting" the accounts. They had a certain number they were supposed to hit daily in order to keep their job secure (you would think that doing the job right would keep it secure). On top of that, they are paid commission for anything they do over that amount. We would have about 2000 new customer accounts every year. It never failed in the two and a half years I worked there, that when pre-season rolled around, we would be starting with 2000. We had a 40-50% cancel ratio.

jeffyr
04-02-2002, 06:26 AM
I got a message on my answering machine a couple weeks ago from TGCL and they said a "technician" was at my property and performed an evaluation of my yard and they have put together a program that is right for me.

1. the only grass of mine that is visible from the sidewalk is 4 sections all about 30 sq ft by the sidewalk.

2. in order to see the backyard they would have had to tresspass and walk past the truck in the driveway with the landscaping sign and pesticide number on it.

And they are acually getting business this way.

jeffyr

mickman
04-02-2002, 07:07 AM
I knew that it wasn't just me. The new turf tech we hired said he is getting most of his contracts from dissatisfied customers from truegreen/chemlawn. I had to personally walk my commercial account and dig out thistles that were 12-18'' in diameter. i also picked dandelions before the new turf co. did turf app. not to mention all the clover, plantain, spurge, etc. they slammed us for 3 turf apps in oct in 1 day [ was only to get 1 app. & if they did those apps., then I shouldn't have any weeds hardly at all right now. I am reporting them to better bus. bureau. I went with small dedicated co. that will do the job right.

Kevin
04-02-2002, 04:28 PM
Just got a letter from TG saying they are in the mulching business now. I get the letters because we moved into a house that got their service 5 years ago.