PDA

View Full Version : 1 Day Old Bobcat ProCat Won't Start

cphillips0053
05-17-2009, 06:59 PM
I bought a new Procat 61" with the 27hp Kawasaki on Friday.
I mowed about 4 hours on Saturday and stuck it in the garage before the rain came. Sunday (Today) I got on it to take it out and clean it up and load it back on the trailer. It fired right up, took the P-brake off and drove into the driveway.

My intentions were to grab a blower off the trailer and blow the grass off real quick. So I left the engine running. I pulled the P-brake up and stepped off the mower. Before I could get to the trailer the engine cut off.

I'm thinking... maybe I didnt pull the P-brake? So I jump back on and try to start..... Nothing. No turn over, no click no nothing.... :dizzy:

I played with the sensors on the controls, P-brake, and seat. Checked the wires for obvious wearing/pinching... NOTHING..

Any suggestions??

Mowingman
05-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Bypass the parking brake and try it. Then, bypass the seat switch and try again. With one or both bypassed it should start. Also, check to see if the battery has a full charge and good tight battery cable connections. It could be that the battery did not charge as you ran it on day one, or a cable could have loosened up.

cphillips0053
05-17-2009, 07:19 PM
When you say "Bypass" you mean unplug it or wire it so that the connection is complete with out the sensor?

Checked that Battery connections. All were tight.

cphillips0053
05-17-2009, 07:25 PM
PS: When running solo, it a wonderful thing to have a 2k winch welded to the trailer!

Mowingman
05-17-2009, 07:29 PM
I mean use a jumper wire to wire around each switch. Usually you can cut a short piece of wire, unplug the wires into the switch, then join the two wires with the jumper you cut. If your wires end in a female plug, you can just insert the jumper firmly into each "socket" in the plug end. This will complete the circuit so the mower does not even know a safety switch exists.
Did you also check to see if the battery has a good charge in it??

cphillips0053
05-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Battery has full charge.
Its dark out and on the trailer now, taking it to the dealer first thing in the morning. Will update tomorrow evening.

Mowingman
05-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Well, at least it is still in warranty. Let us know what the problem turns out to be.

cphillips0053
05-18-2009, 08:19 AM
Took it by my dealer this morning at 7:30 he called me back at 8:05.
Ended up being a fuse.....
I swear I read the manual and didn't see anything about a fuse box.
Oh well.

pugs
05-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Bypass the parking brake and try it. Then, bypass the seat switch and try again. With one or both bypassed it should start. Also, check to see if the battery has a full charge and good tight battery cable connections. It could be that the battery did not charge as you ran it on day one, or a cable could have loosened up.

Not that easy to bypass the parking brake switch on a bobcat. It has 2 circuits. One is normally open and one is normally closed. One of them is in the circuit that allows power to go to the solenoid, the other is in the circuit along with switches that check if the control levers are in neutral or not.

Also the seat switch has nothing to do with starting. You dont need to be sitting on the machine to start it. Just have the parking brake engaged.

There is no fuse box. There are 2 fuses on the machine under the seat, along with 3 relays and a time delay module.

cphillips0053
05-19-2009, 08:02 AM
Well just an update. I get to the dealer yesterday. Get on the mower and drive it over to my trailer. Put the handles in neutral, pull the brake, get off, and it does it again. It popped the same fuse. You would think that they would test it before calling???