PDA

View Full Version : scag 48 inch walk behind blade engage problem

CHRIS92789
05-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Hey guys,

I just changed the oil,plug, filter on my scag. Used it for about 8 hours the day after i changed it, it worked great. Then i went to engage the blades on the last yard and nothing. I looked and the belts seem to be fine. What else could be a problem?

TYCINC
05-17-2009, 08:08 PM
If its got the electric clutch, theres a few things it could be, but check the engagemnt switch. sometimes the electric plug ins on the bottom of the swtich get dirty causing a bad connection. Your switch could also be bad. after that check the connection down at the clutch. if that doesnt work theres a couple other things, but your switch is probably the culprit.

DT Lawn Care
05-18-2009, 02:58 PM
As the guy above me said, the switch, or it could just be a fuse if it takes one. Hopefully it isn't the Electric PTO.

That is, if it is an electric pto. If it's not, your belt probably just popped off somewhere, happens to me once in a while.

CHRIS92789
05-18-2009, 05:32 PM
I checked all the wire's but none were disconnected. I'm going to take it to my local scag dealer and have them just do it. There goes a few hundred. I might aswell get new blades and belts and everything. Dang. lol