PDA

View Full Version : walker mower runs than stops PLEASE HELP

fordstroker05
05-17-2009, 10:21 PM
I have an 03 walker mt 26 hp efi, I had a problem with it recently where it ran and than shut off we thought it was the battery and changed and it ran better but now i used it for a couple hours and it started to gallop and than shut off, i tried to start it again and it still wouldnt run right, so i waited a couple of hours and let it cool down and it started right up.. Please help me................

Lawdog302
05-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Sounds like a plugged fuel filter and or a fuel pump that is about to go. Need more details and i would suggest replacing the fuel filter.

fordstroker05
05-18-2009, 07:26 PM
ya but wouldnt it not want to start at all or just run for a little bit? because it runs for maybe 2 hours and than starts acting up

Lawdog302
05-19-2009, 10:34 AM
From my experience a bad fuel filter will give the conditions you have. A cold fuel pump will devolop more flow and pressure when cold. If the filter is plugged it will quickly overheat the pump and eventually cause a loss in flow. Also if a filter has a lot of debris, when the machine is off, the debris may actually come away from the filter element and then when restarted you will have more flow until the debris plugs the filter up again. You should also check your gas tank for debris as well. I'm not saying this is your problem, but its a good place to start.

iamthelawnman
05-22-2009, 11:05 PM
have you done a bink code test? take it to the walker dealer..... dont mess around with those efi they can be a pain in the but.

DT Lawn Care
05-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Sounds like an ignition coil. I have had this happen twice, and both times it was the coil. Bad coils will get too hot, and lose spark when this happens. GL