PDA

View Full Version : Hello, just joined

ron mexico75
05-18-2009, 10:44 AM
I came across this site by using google to research a walk behind. Anyways, this site looks awesome and seems to provide really really good information.

I got into landscaping/maintenance back in 1997. I worked full time for a company here in Richmond VA. Left got an office job and then had a small business on the side. After that I enrolled in an associate degree program studying horticulture/landscape design and worked at a nursery. I am now back in an office job but want to do side jobs as source of extra income. My wife got laid off from a job she had for 10 years in the financial industry.

I have an aerator that I still have from my side business and have been doing about 30 lawns each fall for the past 8 years. I am now going to start cutting maybe 6 to 8 lawns a week after work as a way to bring in a little extra income. I planned on using my John Deere rider I have had for years. Had it serviced recently because it hasn't been used in almost 4 years. Needless to say it cuts like garbage! Scalps everywhere. Had a J.D. tech come to the house and re level the deck because they never did it right when I brought it in 2 weeks ago. Still cuts like garbage so I put it on Craigslist.

I just applied for financing on a new 36" walk behind. It's an entry level model but I figure it will be better then using that rider and tearing yards up. I am purchasing an ExMark 36" fixed deck belt drive walk behind. The model # is M15KA362.

Anyways, this is my first post and that is my story. Any input on that mower choice is welcome.

Thanks,
Brian

ron mexico75
05-18-2009, 03:16 PM
wow , did I wear out my welcome already? :laugh:

larryinalabama
05-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Look at the BOP website for mowers

Jordanfan20
05-18-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm not an expert just a highschool student who has a fairly large business, but what I want to say is don't go out and purchase a brand new mower, its pointless. Used mowers are equally as good and you can buy a much better mower for the buck. Check out craigslist for mowers and even this site, don't waste your money. Hope this helps

DLAWNS
05-19-2009, 01:42 AM
wow , did I wear out my welcome already? :laugh:

Nahh...definitely not. Especially since you have such an awesome avatar! Giants all the way baby! lol

You're probably talking about the Exmark Metro 36". If it is, that is a great mower. I have the 32" for backyards and it is a great machine. Good luck to you and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

ron mexico75
05-19-2009, 11:24 AM
^^ thanks a lot Bill, like yours too! Unfortunately I'm in Redskin country down here. Yeah, its the Metro 36". I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it. I should have it Thursday.

I have looked at used but with this type of machine I didn't want to gamble getting something for 1500 used and then have to put another 1000 or 1500 into it if something went wrong. I like the peace of mind having a warranty and knowing it hasn't been abused.

DLAWNS
05-19-2009, 11:46 PM
^^ thanks a lot Bill, like yours too! Unfortunately I'm in Redskin country down here. Yeah, its the Metro 36". I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it. I should have it Thursday.

I have looked at used but with this type of machine I didn't want to gamble getting something for 1500 used and then have to put another 1000 or 1500 into it if something went wrong. I like the peace of mind having a warranty and knowing it hasn't been abused.

Good luck with the new mower...let me know how you like it.