PDA

View Full Version : Briggs 407777 / type 0119 e3 / 0101084g

Rain Man av
05-18-2009, 01:17 PM
I need an image that shows me how to connect the linkage on my twin barrel carb, throttle, governor, choke cable, etc. Thanks in advance for anyhelp you can give.

Rain Man

I smart fella
I smella fart.

Restrorob
05-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Here's what I've got RM,

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/Restrorob/Briggs/Intek%20Twin/Briggs407777ThrottleControl4.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/Restrorob/Briggs/Intek%20Twin/Briggs407777ThrottleControl2.jpg

And here I thought you were a fart smella.....LOL

Cya

Rain Man av
05-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Pictures paint a thousand words....are those images from the B&S repair manual for this engine?

In figure 4 there is a rod/spring ( P/N 792265 LINK THROTTLE ) which is angled down and to the left, one end attaches to the swivel, where does the other end attach/how is it secured. It appears to be held in place by some sort of clip but I do not see the clip on a B&S parts list for the 407700 that I downloaded from their website. Figure one does not show that spring/rod. What does this rod do for me ?

Moving along - There are two springs, one small and one large, The large one will not stay in place. There is a slit on the governor where the upper end attaches, is this correct ? The other end hooks on to the back side of the swivel. Why does this spring keep falling out after I rotate the swivel a few times.

The image ( if I did it right ) is of my mower. let me know if you see anything that sticks out. Granted, the solenoid wire is not connected and the throttle and choke cable are not secure.

Restrorob
05-19-2009, 10:05 PM
OK,

First, There is no clip that holds the throttle link rod in place. One end hooks into the hole in the end of the governor lever, The other end hooks into the hole in the carb throttle shaft. There is a nub/ear on the inside edge of the intake manifold near the throttle shaft, This nub/ear is close enough to ensure the link rod doe's not fall out.

The larger spring is the high speed governor spring the smaller one is the governed idle spring. The large one doe's go into the slotted hole on the governor lever, Possibly the hook on the end of the spring is spread open causing it to drop out of the slot ?

As for your pic, I do see a no no. It appears you have the throttle link rod installed up side down. The line on the right shows how the link rod is pushing the throttle shaft at a angle, If you flip the link rod it will then push the throttle shaft straight up as the left line shows. It's much easier to install the link rod into the hole in the carb throttle shaft FIRST then install the carb onto the intake due to this nub/ear on the intake.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/Restrorob/Briggs/Intek%20Twin/Briggs407777ThrottleLinkRod.jpg

Just shout if I lost ya.....

Cya

Rain Man av
05-19-2009, 11:31 PM
It took a couple of reads but I get it. Couple of questions.

Regarding the rod being upside down, do I turn the rod North to South ? or Left to Right ?

Regarding the large spring, one end does appear to be bent open. thanks for that one.

This is what I do not understand, how the heck is the engine speed controlled via the on-dash throttle lever. On the opposed twin cylinder the throttle cable is connected directly to the lower butterfly. On the Intek it appears that it happens by magic, this is what is eating my boat. I can't figure out the cause/effect between the dash throttle up and the carb.

On my engine, when the I throttle up, the swivel below the carb rotates, but I do not see nothing else moving....

Ray

Restrorob
05-20-2009, 12:13 AM
Ray,

Swap North to South, Take the end off the governor lever and put it on the carb.....

The throttle cable hooks to the control plate assembly (that round looking swivel disc looking part). One end of the governor spring is attached to the back side of this round looking swivel disc part and the other end to the governor lever. When the dash throttle control lever is moved it spins this disc part which pulls on the spring and governor lever, The throttle link rod that's connected to the end of the governor lever opens the carb throttle shaft allowing more air/fuel mix into the engine. You will not see any movement other than the round swivel looking disc until the engine is cranked up and the governor is activated.

On your opposed twin the throttle cable is NOT supposed to be hooked directly to the carb butterfly/throttle shaft, Hooking the cable in this manner will render the governor non-functional and cause loss of power when loads are applied.

The cable on this one should be hooked to the control assembly as well so it functions the same as the Intek twin.....

Rain Man av
05-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks for straightening me out on this. I'll let you know how things turn out on this.

Ray

Rain Man av
05-20-2009, 07:15 PM
it now runs. moo-chee-ass grass-see-ass.

Send me da bill.

ray
235 anywhere street
thankful, TX

Restrorob
05-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Hahaha !!! http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif