PDA

View Full Version : Hydro oil

South Florida Lawns
05-18-2009, 02:55 PM
I recently purchased a 2008 32" wright Stander. I am at the break in period and need to change the hydraulic filter and oil. The manual say's Mobile 1 20w-50 but I am having a tough time finding some.

I went to my Wright dealer Al's Yard Arm and they recommended Schaeffer synthetic 15w-40 oil, they said that's all they run in the Standers. My question is, will this hurt my hydro system running this instead of whats called for? I know on my Toro's and eXmark they require Mobile 1 and are strict on the weight and brand, and will void warranty and damage the system if something else is substituted.

Thanks for any help.

Ryan

WrightCommercial
05-19-2009, 09:24 AM
South Florida Lawns,

The 20W-50 is a typo in the manual, we use 15W-50 in production, Mobil actually stopped making the 20W-50. And as long as the Schaeffer oil meets the same requirements as the Mobil 1 there is no problem using that brand of synthetic. Hydro Gear does not specify the type of fluid used only that there are certain requirements the fluid must meet in order to be used. Also, since synthetic oil is used in the system it is considered a life time fluid and should only need changing if the system has had a failure or has been leaking. And the manual should state that only the filter needs to changed every 200 hrs or at least once a year.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.