PDA

View Full Version : 2 pallet sod trailer

RAlmaroad
05-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Would anyone know who makes and sells a trailer that will haul two pallets of sod. This would mean a capacity of at least 4000 lb., dual axles. I've googled it but nothing. Wooden deck is fine. A name of the company would help. Thanks Roy.

Petr51488
05-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Go for a dump trailer. They have some that the sides fold down to load pallets. They have 10k capacity.

WalkerMike98
05-18-2009, 11:56 PM
You can haul it on a tandem 3500 trailer.

TimTim2008
05-20-2009, 02:51 AM
SOD is usually 2500lbs each 504sf pallet (even more wet). and dont forget the empty weight of the trailer too.

MileHigh
05-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Would anyone know who makes and sells a trailer that will haul two pallets of sod. This would mean a capacity of at least 4000 lb., dual axles. I've googled it but nothing. Wooden deck is fine. A name of the company would help. Thanks Roy.

Pretty much any tandem axle trailer can haul that.

Some old fart at a sod farm loaded my maintenance trailer with just over two pallets worth of sod pretty easily...no need to fold anything down at all....Just make sure the e-brake is loaded.

nosparkplugs
05-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Why make this so hard??? Any well built tandem Axle trailer will work fine to haul 2 pallets of sod. The height of the sides really is not an issue either. You can load one pallet of sod from the rear of the trailer, then use an empty pallet to push the pallet of Sod forward then repeat process.

What you hauling it with? that is more of an issue for me, many guys tend to overload their SUV's or Rangers around here.:realmad: Dare I call them "professionals"

The ideal trailer for hauling Palletized material is a flat bed trailer easy to load & unload buy hand or with skid steer.