PDA

View Full Version : Kohler Ch25s-68695

Breezmister
05-18-2009, 08:49 PM
About a month ago, I had a Kohler CH25s, Spec 68695 on a Exmark Laser Z come in with a leaking lower cooler hose. It did not have the original Kohler hose on it, instead there was a piece of Transmission cooler hose on there. Any way, I replaced the hose with the Kohler hose kit. While replacing the hose I noticed that the nipple had a crease in it, like it was bent out of shape and then bent back into shape. Didn't think much of it at the time....I got a call today, the hose is leaking again.

So I'm thinking that where the nipple connects to the fitting that mounts next to the filter housing is what is leaking, opinions ?

If this is the case, can I just get the lower fitting from Kohler ? I looked on the Kohler site and could not find a part number other then the whole oil cooler (54 755 21s)

If I can not get the fitting, is there a part number for the filter housing with the two nipples ?

Breezmister
05-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Bump :confused:

Restrorob
05-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Sorry I missed this one Breez,

I couldn't find just the fitting either just now, I called Kohler last month trying to get just a base alone (was cracked) but had to get the whole kit.

I would take the fitting out and hit the local auto parts and hardware stores, If I remember correctly they are nothing more than a pipe thread with the barbed end.

Cya

Breezmister
05-21-2009, 09:30 PM
I couldn't find just the fitting either just now, I called Kohler last month trying to get just a base alone (was cracked) but had to get the whole kit.

I spent a little bit of time going thew the CH25 specs the other night hoping to find just the base. When I didn't fine any thing, figured that you or M/M would have more insight in dealing with Kohler.

I would take the fitting out and hit the local auto parts and hardware stores, If I remember correctly they are nothing more than a pipe thread with the barbed end.

Will do that when he drops the machine off next week to have bearings put in his front wheels of his Lazer. There is a truck parts deal just around the corner from here, they make up hydraulic hoses for me. I remember seeing something like that on a BobCat skid steer when I was crawling around in the innered :laugh:

Thanks Restro, have a safe Memorial Day

topsites
05-22-2009, 01:35 AM
To expand on what Restrorob said...
And this might be obvious...

But it sounds like something you might find in the plumbing section of Home Depot.