PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding the hydraulics (bleeding)

Lighter
05-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Do I need to bleed the system for air if I add oil to the hydro oil tank?

I have the newest model of the 48" stander RH and hydro fluid was coming out from the cap. I opened it and added the recommended oil that was in the manual and made it so that it was 1.5" from the top.

What could of caused the fluid to spill from the cap in the tank? The machine only has 32 hours in it.

Also is this the bypass valve in order to bleed the system? (see the attachment)

This is my first Hydro machine so I am new to maintaining a hydro system.

Thanks for any help that you guys can give me, or tips for that matter. :)

WrightCommercial
05-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Lighter,

Topping off the hydro system will not require you to bleed the system. If the unit experienced a failure or the oil got so low it allowed air into the system then you would want to bleed the air out of the system. We recently revised our fill level and on the RH it should be 4.75 inches from the bottom of the tank. Also we released a modified vent cap for the units that experience the cap leakage, its part number is 36410011 and the swap is covered under warranty. The bypass valves are used for bleeding the system and the process is outlined in the owners manual. Also if the unit ever breaks or throws a hydro belt the valves are opened so that the unit can be pushed and you won't be fighting the resistence of the hydro system.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.

Lighter
05-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Lighter,

Topping off the hydro system will not require you to bleed the system. If the unit experienced a failure or the oil got so low it allowed air into the system then you would want to bleed the air out of the system. We recently revised our fill level and on the RH it should be 4.75 inches from the bottom of the tank. Also we released a modified vent cap for the units that experience the cap leakage, its part number is 36410011 and the swap is covered under warranty. The bypass valves are used for bleeding the system and the process is outlined in the owners manual. Also if the unit ever breaks or throws a hydro belt the valves are opened so that the unit can be pushed and you won't be fighting the resistence of the hydro system.

Best Regards

Thanks for the information. I ran the machine today and didn't experience any leaks in the cap. I think the cap became loose with the vibration so it just needed to be tighten all the way. Hopefully it wont leak any more I will just have to keep checking the cap so it does not get loose with the vibration.

I will still stop by the local dealer and see if they have that part just to be in the safe side though.

Another question about the hydro oil level. Should I remove oil so that its 4.7" from the top down instead of the old 1.5"? I made it 1.5" because of what the manual said but is the the new 4.7" level that important or could I get away with 1.5" since that was the old level. I measure it by labeling a straw with inches and I lower it from the top down till it hits oil. I am assuming that's the proper way to measure it correct?

I did run the machine all day today and it ran very smoothly without any leaks. Other than this small issue I love the Stander RH 48" with the mulcher kit, I was surprised at the quality of cut that it does on every residential yard that we do. It leaves a perfect cut, even better than the 32" walk behind that we used to use, now we only use it for backyards where the stander does not fit.

WrightCommercial
05-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Lighter,

Other than the chance that the fluid will overcome the cap there is no real danger in having the fluid at that level. If you see signs of further leakage then you would want to lower the level some, debris build up in oil on the mower can become a safety issue. As far as how the mower runs you will see no difference with the oil at that level.

Best Regards

willretire@40
06-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Is that picture right for releasing the Hydros?

WrightCommercial
06-02-2009, 11:30 AM
willretire@40,

Yes, the valve circled in the picture above is used to lock and unlock the pumps. Break them loose counterclockwise to unlock the system , or to bleed the system of air. Just remember that they need to be tightened when done for the machine to move under power.

Best Regards

Lighter
06-02-2009, 08:26 PM
WrightCommercial,

I got the replacement breather cap from my dealer and hydraulic fluid still comes out. It does it more often when I am on a hill going sideways. It also does it when mowing even surfaces but it does not leak it as much as going sideways on a hill.

I pretty much have to carry a paper towel and keep cleaning it every time. Is there anyway to fix this other than the replacement cap? My dealer said he had 4 other people that came and got the cap but that I was the first one who gave him feedback about it.

My machine is a Stander RH 48" with a 19HP Kawasaki engine.

WrightCommercial
06-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Lighter,

We have seen this on some units, have your dealer order part number 95420005, this is a hydro tank service kit for the RH's and it will replace your current tank. This will be covered under warranty.

Best Regards