PDA

View Full Version : Polymeric Sand on Bluestone patio

jackfrost
05-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Guys, I recently did a bluestone patio. I swept the ploymeric sand into the joints and then wet it and let it set. After the patio dried it appears that theres a white layer of stuff on the stone. I tried to rinse it off two days later and it still looks the same.

Is the color going to come back after a few rain stroms or is there something I need to do?

Thanks

GMTA
05-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Anytime your using polymeric sand try to sweep the stone really well to remove the dust you have just created when sweeping the fine sand.....I find it good practice to LIGHTLY blow the surface, without blowing out the sand in the joints, with my blower. This helps a lot!

4 seasons lawn&land
05-19-2009, 09:18 PM
I think you'll be fine if you just take some solvent and water to the stones with a sponge... like tile.

Dreams To Designs
05-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Sounds like you have poly sand on the bluestone. It will not wash off... It will wear off from foot traffic, eventually or you can check with your supplier to see if they can recommend a cleaner. Depending on the poly sand used, contact the manufacturer for suggestions.

Kirk

frumdig
05-23-2009, 03:24 AM
whatever you do; do NOT pressure wash it, you will end up with lines from the washer all over the stone... which is pretty much impossible to blend back in... ild say a little muratic acid maybe???

-Evan