PDA

View Full Version : help me I think i screwed my edger

birdman0494
05-20-2009, 01:04 PM
OK well i was going to change my edger blade on my old 125 e and stupidly i forgot it was a left thread and then i was think wtf is wrong with me today and i tightened it extremely hard to the left and i also bent one of my screwdrivers where you put it in to switch the blade and i also broke a little pieces of the metal around the washer as in beneath it from pushing it too hard. And now i Ive been going to the right but i just cant un tighten it now i put too much pressure any suggestion please?

Ruben Rocha
05-20-2009, 02:58 PM
You could try a vice grip, Either on the blade or on the collar of the fitting on the inside edge next to the guard.
When you are done you probably will be going to the dealer for new parts.

birdman0494
05-20-2009, 08:15 PM
so what do you use to hold the edger blade when your changing the blades? and wouldn't a vice grip be too harsh on the machine? and is there anything i could use to loosen it out ?

birdman0494
05-20-2009, 08:16 PM
so what do you use to hold the edger blade when your changing the blades? and wouldn't a vice grip be too harsh on the machine? and is there anything i could use to loosen it out like a grease?

mngrassguy
05-22-2009, 03:07 AM
You should be able to put a piece of 2x4 in between the blade and the guard. Use an impact wrench on the bolt

topsites
05-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Hard to explain without pictures...

But there's supposed to be a little rod that comes with the machine when you buy it,
at least mine came with it, that little rod goes inside a hole on the pulley or the
part that turns, the hole has to line up with one on the shaft so to speak.

And that should hold it in place.

DT Lawn Care
05-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Hard to explain without pictures...

But there's supposed to be a little rod that comes with the machine when you buy it,
at least mine came with it, that little rod goes inside a hole on the pulley or the
part that turns, the hole has to line up with one on the shaft so to speak.

And that should hold it in place.

Yep, that's correct for the edgers I've seen. But if he busted that groove out, he's got nothing there to grip it with. As they said earlier, use a vise-grip or 2x4 to hold it in place, and use an impact wrench. It should come right off. Then get some new parts for it and DON'T FORGET AGAIN:laugh::laugh::laugh:

bighaydenslawn
05-22-2009, 04:36 PM
lol......

love the title of this thread.....

couldn't resist. :drinkup::hammerhead:

DT Lawn Care
05-22-2009, 06:30 PM
lol......

love the title of this thread.....

couldn't resist. :drinkup::hammerhead:

I know, right??? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

birdman0494
05-24-2009, 12:49 PM
ok i broke out a large piece of that area but i was finally able to take it off with a blade buster from lowes, they are preety cheap 10 bucks and i used an alluminum pole to get leverage, now my only problem is my nut is so stripped where do any of you guys go to buy left threaded nuts for your edgers?

Ruben Rocha
05-24-2009, 02:35 PM
Your dealer or a hardware store for the nut.
But if you don't buy the part that is broke off you will have the same problem the next time you change blades.