PDA

View Full Version : Gator Dust Alternatives

Summit L & D
05-20-2009, 02:51 PM
I have a flagstone patio that we are converting from gravel joints to a poly joint. Our area does not have a dealer that stocks Alliance DP products. Are there any other options? I can't put $800 in freight on a job that is only going to need 10 bags of material. The Techniseal RG+ handles joints up to 1", but I'm dealing with joints up to 2".

burnthecouch
05-20-2009, 09:28 PM
I've had decent luck with using the techniseal on larger joints but it must be given time to cure completely. I had to do a redo when we got nice 5 year storm event last year and the sand didn't have enough time to set. The second time around it has worked perfect so keep that in mind.

BOEpavers
05-24-2009, 01:31 AM
Did you look at Techni-Seal HP? It is marketed for wider joints - not sure if 2" though. We've not had good experiences with the Alliance products and now solely use Techni- Seal.

burnthecouch
05-24-2009, 01:46 AM
Did you look at Techni-Seal HP? It is marketed for wider joints - not sure if 2" though. We've not had good experiences with the Alliance products and now solely use Techni- Seal.

My only problem ive had at times with Techniseal is the large particles are hard to get into some paver joints depending on the the face and chamfer of the pavers.