PDA

View Full Version : Gas line sealeant???

atasteofnature
05-20-2009, 11:43 PM
I have a customer that has a Ryobi weed eater. Everything works fine but his little gas line cracked from his tank to his engie. He bought a new line but the new one didn't seal to the tank. He has tried caulk, sealant, other things to put around the little crack between the tank and the line. I didn't know if there was some sort of rubber nipple the line would stick into and then you would push the rubber nipple into the tank and it would make a tight seal. Please any ideas??? Thank you all for your time and have a great day!!!

Greenwrench
05-21-2009, 10:10 AM
There is a grommet that must be used for both of the fuel lines to the tank. I have tried, and failed, to "make it work" without them. R+R has them. Cheap to buy.

atasteofnature
05-22-2009, 02:03 AM
R+R? i am not familiar with this name. what is cheap?

Greenwrench
05-22-2009, 10:09 AM
R+R? i am not familiar with this name. what is cheap?

R+R is an after market supplier that usually costs around half of OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) http://www.rrproducts.com/

Have a look.

Greenwrench
05-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Even the OEM part should be cheap. (Under $!0?) I don't recall exactly how much. I would remember if it were expensive! Check around some of the repair shops in your area and see if they have any used. Crosses to Craftsman, Weed eater etc. Common part. Try and get the line/grommet assembly. Pushing new line through the grommet causes premature hair loss and rickets!

RonAyersMotorsports
05-23-2009, 09:46 AM
As much as I hate Ryobi they don't leak when fuel lines are replaced when using the correct fuel line. I have done this repair a hundred times or more myself. Use the correct size line, no grommets are needed.