PDA

View Full Version : Credit cards

worx
05-21-2009, 09:50 AM
For those of you who have phone service with Sprint/Nextel I see they now offer a phone that handles C.C. transactions. I have no idea about pricing for this service or how well it works, but it does seem like a good idea.

Pro-Scapes
05-21-2009, 10:27 AM
how many credit cards do you actually take ? I used to accept them and pay the monthly fee but I find the higher you work up the food chain the less credit cards you take. That said I have not taken a credit card for a lighting job in a long long time. I can thru quickbooks and pay 3% but seems everyone pays by check.

worx
05-21-2009, 11:07 AM
I have never used them, but thought for someone that does, they might be interested.

Hows the fishing been.....

Pro-Scapes
05-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Fishing ??? Ha I have not had time since we went in Destin. We will be in destin june 6-9 so grab your boat and come on

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-23-2009, 01:32 AM
I only started to accept credit cards a couple of years ago. Why I did not start sooner is beyond me. The time that I save collecting AR's more than accounts for the 1.8% fee they charge to process. I would say that over 90% of my service invoices are paid by credit card and about 20% of installations. The clients like the convenience and the points. I like getting my $$$ in the bank the next day.

LightYourNight
05-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Do you know what the service is called? I know you can run credit cards thru paypal on the iphone but I havent heard of it on any of the sprint nextel phones.

grandview (2006)
05-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Here's the basic idea for it.

http://www.firstdatabusiness.com/semtek-readers.html

worx
05-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Do you know what the service is called? I know you can run credit cards thru paypal on the iphone but I havent heard of it on any of the sprint nextel phones.

I just received a postcard in the mail showing they had phones compatible with card services. I am not sure how it all works and didn't really read much about it. They should have some info. on there site.