PDA

View Full Version : Hey. New Here.

MGH-PA
05-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Let me first start out saying that I'm not sure whether I REALLY belong here since I don't own a landscaping/lawn business:nono: However, I just purchased my first home, and I have a little over 2 acres to mow. I'm used to mowing large areas from growing up on 90 acres, and mowing our neighbors land (147 acres, but only about 30% is field). However, that's all with a JD 990 and a 60" BH PTO mower. My 2 acres are now ALL lawn, and not fields.

The owner included a Cub Cadet AGS2130 rider in the home deal. It runs, but I think the clutch is about blown (it jumps violently under load going up hill), and it's SLOW, produces to small of a cut, etc. I'm just not happy with it for a lawn this size. Financially, it wouldn't be smart for me to purchase a new mower now, so the Cub will have to get me through this summer, but I will be keeping an eye on the forums, and picking brains throughout the year to find my best replacement (I'm think a ZTR of some kind, but I can't be dropping 10K on a mower, so we'll see).

Anyways, I'm looking forward to learning a lot.

DLAWNS
05-23-2009, 12:31 AM
Let me first start out saying that I'm not sure whether I REALLY belong here since I don't own a landscaping/lawn business:nono: However, I just purchased my first home, and I have a little over 2 acres to mow. I'm used to mowing large areas from growing up on 90 acres, and mowing our neighbors land (147 acres, but only about 30% is field). However, that's all with a JD 990 and a 60" BH PTO mower. My 2 acres are now ALL lawn, and not fields.

The owner included a Cub Cadet AGS2130 rider in the home deal. It runs, but I think the clutch is about blown (it jumps violently under load going up hill), and it's SLOW, produces to small of a cut, etc. I'm just not happy with it for a lawn this size. Financially, it wouldn't be smart for me to purchase a new mower now, so the Cub will have to get me through this summer, but I will be keeping an eye on the forums, and picking brains throughout the year to find my best replacement (I'm think a ZTR of some kind, but I can't be dropping 10K on a mower, so we'll see).

Anyways, I'm looking forward to learning a lot.

Welcome to Lawnsite. Ask away with any questions that you may have.