PDA

View Full Version : Poor cut with Honda Harmony.

Turfer
04-02-2002, 09:07 PM
I only use this mower on 3 of our accounts. This is a pitiful cutting machine. It leaves more standing grass than it cuts. I know it's not commercial but I would expect it to have a half decent cut. The sad part is that I read a post that I made a year ago about buying a honda harmony and taking it back after 1 day because of the poor cut quality. I bought a residential Lawnboy instead and was very happy with the cut until the engine seized. I was in a bind and went to Home Depot and bought a returned Honda for 1/2 price after my lawnboy gave out. Now I am searching for another trim mower and ran accross my old post about the Honda. It's sad when you can't even remember buying a mower. The Honda and the Lawnboy cost me about $700 together. I got a good YEAR out of them even with limited use. Maybe I'll put the Honda engine on the Lawnboy deck!! Lesson learned ! I'll buy commercial next time. Yes the blades are sharp and the deck is clean and even.

I MOW ALONE
04-02-2002, 10:38 PM
if you are running the double blade which is what came with the mower stock switch to a single blade but go to a dealer and tell them the problem and they should be able to get you the right blade thats what i did and it helped out alot but still i know exactly where your coming from when you buy a new mower and a honda at that the damn thing should cut and cut good good luck

JimLewis
04-02-2002, 11:03 PM
I am surprised to hear that about the Harmony. Honda mowers are top notch, even that model. I would definitely take it to the dealer and figure out what the problem is. Be 100% sure all of the wheels are set to the same level.

We use all Commercial Hondas and get perfect results.

totallpm
04-03-2002, 02:36 AM
The Honda poly deck cuts great and they claim that the motor is commercial. However the wheels are hollow plastic and the trans is not commercial. We have one as a back up and cuts great.

Ithink you are a good example of spending just a little extra to get better performance and reliability.

Repairs and down time will kill you.

We cut with Honda Commercial and have great results.

Kevin Total Landscaping

Got Grass?
04-03-2002, 02:42 AM
Are you sure you didnt buy the same mower back? LOL that would be hillarious... Take it to a honda dealer fire it up and show them what its not doing (cutting) and see what thay say. It sould not be that bad...

vipermanz
04-03-2002, 04:22 AM
you forgot to mix the oil didn't you?:)

trimmer
04-03-2002, 12:47 PM
I have had 2 homeowner hondas and a commercial. I still run the commercial as my trim mower and it does leave a LOT of grass sticking up everywhere. I have tried everything I can think of to fix it. I to only does it in St. Augustine and that is what I primarily mow. I think my next mower will be a Toro Susuki 2-stroke.