PDA

View Full Version : echo blower spark plug wire

str8fan3
05-23-2009, 04:52 PM
PB-620- yesterday while blowing, motor began sputtering at times, would smooth out and sputter again. Upon checking the plug wire, I noticed it is attached to the actual spark plug by some type of coil thingy on one end. Only a small piece of metal actually penetrates the wire sheathing to make contact with the wire inside the boot. I've always been into automotive stuff and never seen a configuaration like this. Looks kind of cheesy. Anyone ever try and use automotive wire cut to length with normal connectors?

ed2hess
05-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Just put a plastic tie wrap on it to ensue that it is held inplace and it wil be fine. Many times the boot and wire thing comes off when you remove it from the plug. I just cut a groove in the boot and press the wire thing back in and put the boot on and tie wrap it.

str8fan3
05-23-2009, 06:00 PM
sounds like an easy enough fix. I was going to go out and get a quality automotive wire and custom make one with new connectors and boots.

str8fan3
05-23-2009, 06:17 PM
great tip...just did the plastic tie wrap gimmick and she runs smooth as butter

bohiaa
05-24-2009, 03:10 PM
PB-620- yesterday while blowing, motor began sputtering at times, would smooth out and sputter again. Upon checking the plug wire, I noticed it is attached to the actual spark plug by some type of coil thingy on one end. Only a small piece of metal actually penetrates the wire sheathing to make contact with the wire inside the boot. I've always been into automotive stuff and never seen a configuaration like this. Looks kind of cheesy. Anyone ever try and use automotive wire cut to length with normal connectors?

this is the way they ALL Used to be, the only disadvantage to this type of set up was it's NOT insulated very well.

ed2hess
05-24-2009, 06:32 PM
this is the way they ALL Used to be, the only disadvantage to this type of set up was it's NOT insulated very well.

It isn't that bad.....it helps make your day when you get a jolt. Teaches one how to hold the unit. You can get that shield Echo came out with to fix the problem that a lot of guys in very wet climates were having with shocking.