PDA

View Full Version : Stains on sidewalk

calobo
04-02-2002, 09:25 PM
What do you guys out there do to prevent grass staining concrete walkways with you tire tracks from your ZTR? When crossing hardscape ,especialy in lush turf, am leaving a green stain. Thanx

Grass_Slayer
04-02-2002, 09:52 PM
a pressure washer works wonders on stained concrete

ronslawncare
04-02-2002, 10:00 PM
good question i just got a lawn because the last landcaper stained the driveway pretty bad last season.bye the time the owner came home and wash it .it left like mildew stains that you can still see a little bit.i told the guy if there is any stains on the concrete after blowing i will use your hose he was happy i got that account.its heavily irrigated sod lawn.so i can tell there might be a little mess to clean up.how do you use a power washer

longviewlawncare
04-02-2002, 10:03 PM
i always get permission to use there hose and i have gotten in the habit of carring a small broom type brush and some type of stain remover or solvent to get the stains that are stubborn.

Grass_Slayer
04-02-2002, 10:08 PM
personally i dont use a pressure washer, cause i aint got one, but i have seen the after affects on a stained sidewalk, it looks like it was just poured if the person washing it does it right.

Pro-Lawn
04-02-2002, 10:35 PM
First rule, dont drive over any concrete. Power washer does wonders.

Eric Goodwin

toroboy
04-02-2002, 11:02 PM
I would us ea hose and a tire srubber to get the green stains out with a little soap.

jaybird24
04-02-2002, 11:09 PM
Like Pro Lawn said don't ride over the concrete- if you must though use a stiff broom for what the blower does'nt get and wait for rain- I've never seen grass permanently stain concrete before- maybe this wisconsin grass is too cold to set the stain.:D

totallpm
04-03-2002, 01:54 AM
I cut with a walker and I love the 0 turn.

I cut around the perimiter 2 widths and then go for the stripping. Cardinal rule I try to always stay off of the concrete I do not have time to wash off.

Kevin Total landscaping

jeffex
04-03-2002, 06:14 AM
wire brush on the end of broom handle. removes enough to keep customer happy and not waste time w/ hose

Guardian
04-03-2002, 09:28 PM
How do you make any money if you have to stay and pressure wash the side walk? Will they expect this, for...free? Is it really your fault?

Avoid paved areas, as for what you do come in contact with - Thats just pretty much what happens when you hire a guy with a giant mower.

landscaper3
04-03-2002, 09:39 PM
We had this problem at one of the schools we maintain, no big deal with the school but did look unsightly! We fixed with a broom and water. Problem is you have to cross a 6' wide area of grass to get to another island so now what we do to prevent stains while crossing is we just through a couple of strips of card board down and run em over! Throw in the dumptster 10' away after if wish not to reuse.

calobo
04-03-2002, 09:41 PM
Don't have time to wash or clean.... will try to avoid concrete as much as possible.....thanks for the help!