PDA

View Full Version : Exmark 21"/ good bad or ugly?

GrazerZ
04-02-2002, 10:32 PM
Hey guys, Just wanted to know if anyone out there has an Exmark 21" mower with the blade clutch and Kawi engine. What do you think of it? We are considering them but they are abit pricey. Is it worth the money? Any alternatives in the same class you would recommend? Thanx for the help.

toby
04-02-2002, 10:46 PM
It's a Toro with Exmark paint. Go LB.

lamblawnscaping
04-02-2002, 10:47 PM
Grazer,

I have a toro proline 21 with blade brake and the suzuki, except for the engine, isn't that the same mower? Anyway, I love it. It is a little heavy though. I paid 950, don't know what the exmarks go for. I was also considering the commercial lawn boy. It is alot lighter and the staggered wheel seems like it would be nice, but it just wasn't as heavy duty as the toro/exmark. You get what you pay for.

KDJ
04-02-2002, 11:03 PM
I just have a hard time spending over a grand for a 21'' mower
I guess it all depends on how much one uses it. I just bought a Toro Model #20017 They had a limited Time Offer Extra free year warranty Total 3 years for 359.00. I just had to try it. Still in the box. I will open it when I need it.

toroboy
04-02-2002, 11:22 PM
i would just buy a non commerial toro pushmower $420. I mow 7 to 8 lawns a week with it for 3 and a half years and still have had no problems with it and i have made thousands of dollars with it. One of my friends has 12 lawns thta he mowed with the toro pushmower for 3 years and had no problems with it either,but eventually could not keep up with all of his lawns with it anymore and bought an exmark 36". BU ti would not put a lot of money into a push mower. HOPE THIS HELPS!!! :cool:

Shadetree Ltd
04-02-2002, 11:27 PM
We used Hondas for the past 10 years and switched to Toro's this year. The Toro and Exmark are identical except for a deck cleanout on the Toro and a $100.00 price difference, Exmark being more expensive. I really like them. We use 4 and they are saving us a lot of money quickly. They do no bag as well as the Hondas in the rain but they are at least 20% quicker and with the mulching brackets under the deck, we are bagging approx 30% less grass. I would have gotten the Exmarks to go with our 3 Turf Tracers but could not justify the extra $400 for identical mowers.

Scott

totallpm
04-03-2002, 01:25 AM
Have two exmark 21 one with brake clutch and one without.

I do not think that I would purchase again.

Thay are a little quicker, however thay do not pick up as well, cutting wet or damp grass is a problem, mulching has been clumpy. thay cut ok as long as you sharpen weekly.

We prefer the cut of the Honda commercial, Seems to cut well in all conditions.

Horizon.com usually has a deal once a year on exmark but we prefer honda worth the extra buck

Kevin total landscaping