PDA

View Full Version : Weekly cuts only?

lamblawnscaping
04-02-2002, 11:49 PM
Just wondering, do you all do weekly cuts only? I am mostly weeklys this year, but still have some 10/11 day cuts from last year left. Hoping to phase them out to all weekly for easier scheduling, easier cutting, and more money from weeklys.

trimmer
04-03-2002, 12:20 AM
I wish that all mine were weekly cuttings, but if they are not then they are on a 14 day schedule. I will not cut but on 7 or 14 day intervals.

Pelican
04-03-2002, 12:30 AM
I'm with Trimmer, anything else is too hard to schedule.

ronslawncare
04-03-2002, 12:39 AM
i might be crazy but i drop all my bi weeklys last yr and i kept one old lady because there just not worth it to me.to each his own

Pelican
04-03-2002, 12:43 AM
I've considered that too, Ron, but I have enough bi-weeklies to fill two alternating days so it works out OK. If I get enough additional accounts to drop them, I will, they never seem to go for any "extras".

LoneStarLawn
04-03-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by ronslawncare
i might be crazy but i drop all my bi weeklys last yr and i kept one old lady because there just not worth it to me.to each his own

Companies' area has something to do with it too......

Some southern grasses don't need to be cut as often.

lamblawnscaping
04-03-2002, 01:22 AM
What pelican said about "extras" is so true. Almost all of my weeklys are on fert programs, and have pruning, mulch and other services. Almost none of the 10/11 days have anything extra.

Harvestman
04-03-2002, 07:41 AM
We only do weekly also. Its just to hard to schedule. In mid summer we will pass them up only if they can make it a whole week, otherwise we go ahead and cut.

keifer
04-03-2002, 07:53 AM
I had a lady on 11/12 that paid at end of month that was a pain but she went to the old folks home so i then cut her on 14. The grass still looked good and I got an extra payment out of it.

TGCummings
04-03-2002, 10:23 AM
Weekly and bi-weekly only. I charge a little extra/cut for bi-weekly and generally get them in the same amount of time as weekly cutting, but the extra dough makes up for the inconvenience.

I agree that bi-weekly customers rarely care about fertilizer programs and weed control, but I do have some that have signed up for these programs.

bubble boy
04-03-2002, 11:41 AM
we mostly do weekly. 10 day schedule is quite confusing.

the few bi weekly we have, we charge a bit more if you work it out per cut.

we do smaller props, but for a sizable lawn i'd do bi weekly or even on call, but the price has to be right.

LAWNS AND MOWER
04-03-2002, 04:47 PM
40 accts every week, 15 accts every 10 days and 5 accts everyother week. With the spring growth surge upon myself now, about 10 of my weeklys ( fert. program ) are done every 4 or 5 days.

LAWNS AND MOWER

Toroguy
04-03-2002, 04:56 PM
I have three non-weekly accounts from last year. These customers have been great, pay on time, dont nag, etc. This year I have given them a monthly rate based on 23 "visits" divided by the 5 month growing season. If a cut is not required, a mutually agreed upon service will replace the cutting for that week.

I have also dropped customers because of the non weekly cuts, it is a good reason/opportunity to eliminate a late payer or a critical customer.

rodfather
04-03-2002, 06:52 PM
100% weekly by our determination. Require a 24 hour advance if the client wants us to pass them up that week. 9, 10, 11 day scheduling get too complicated and annoying.

ronslawncare
04-03-2002, 09:57 PM
why even take it on because you know they dont want crap not even a cleanup ,i took on everything my first yr .then i realized this is bull crap these people are so cheap they want service but wont pay for it .funny thing i got a mother and daghter today they both wanted bi-weekly service i said i wont do it .ill cut both of your propertys for 25.00 if i get both of you .they said i was to over priced they both live next to each other they have 60 by100 .but they can kiss my ass b4 i cut them bi-weekly.so i loose out on crap customers.big whoop lol

bobbygedd
04-03-2002, 10:27 PM
once a week, nuff said

Darryl G
04-03-2002, 10:29 PM
Ronslawn - funny, just bid a lawn today at $25 and didn't get it. It's about 1/4 acre with one nasty slope, but mostly open mowing. It's an old lady who's daughter I know. Normally I don't go below $30 but it's on my route so I quoted her 30 minus 10 percent ($27). She said "My, that awfully high." I probably shouldn't have, but I like the neighborhood (beach area) so I dropped to $25 as my absolute best price. Still too high. Then she tells me all about the "all alone, fixed income, yada, yada" and that she was paying $15, but the guy stopped showing up. I politely told her that for $15 I'm not surprised he stopped showing up! She says she'll have her daughter (who's in her 50's) mow it. Good Luck.