PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki FH430V Loping Problem

ledvinafamily
05-24-2009, 08:29 PM
I recently purchased a 2004 eXmark 36 inch Turf Tracer HP that had a Kawasaki FH430V 15HP engine. At low rpms the engine sounds like it is going to die at higher rpms the engine runs fine. The mecahnics at a local dealership called this "loping." They first suggested that I take off the carborator bowl and clean out any debries. I did that but the problem continued. The dealer mechanic then said that there is a jet on the top of the carborator that needed cleaned. I took the carborator off but could not find and jet to clean.

Can anyone advise where to find this jet to clean?

Restrorob
05-24-2009, 10:28 PM
There is no removable idle speed jet on this carb, Remove the limit cap #1 carefully then close the adjuster #2 until lightly seated counting the number of turns it takes. Now remove it completely and shoot carb & choke cleaner with the little straw through this port, Spray it good then re-install the adjuster until lightly seated then open back up the number of turns counted before.

The engine should idle as normal now, If not open (screw out) this adjuster a little at a time and see if it doesn't idle properly.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/Restrorob/Kawasaki/FH/KawiFH381430CarbBreakdown.jpg

Good Luck

IRRITECH
05-24-2009, 10:41 PM
RestroRob you are the man. I was going to tell him to really tear the carb apart but you beat me to it with better info, pics and all.

Where do you get those breakdowns, I would like to have them available when I tear things apart

Restrorob
05-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Where do you get those breakdowns, I would like to have them available when I tear things apart

Oh....Those pretty pics ?

I get them from all over the net, I've got two computers and two host sites full.

ledvinafamily
05-24-2009, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the diagram of the carb.

How do I "carefully" remove the limit cap?

Do I pull up on it with a pair of pliers?

Thanks for your help.

4.3mudder
05-24-2009, 11:35 PM
I usually pull them off with a pair of needle nose pliars, sometimes a flat blade screwdriver will work too. I don't put them back on though. Just me though.

Restrorob
05-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Mudder has the right idea, But be very careful so you don't snap the end off of it.