PDA

View Full Version : fimco sprayer problem

tlh178
05-25-2009, 07:53 AM
i just replaced the pump on my 25 gal fimco sprayer, my 1st tank went great, after refilling the sprayer runs, but doesn't spray. all my screens are clean. after removing pump and cleaning it, by air hose, it worked again, only too fail again after refilling, am i overlooking something here? seems like ever time i empty it, i have this problem, thanks for any reply's!

MowerMedic77
05-25-2009, 08:12 PM
I have worked on other 25gal electric sprayers but not the Fimco so I had to look at some pics of the units to get a better idea of design. Looks like they mount the pump on the side of the tank and have a suction line in the lower part of the tank. 9 times out of 10 it is a suction side leak that creates most no spray issues. I would check for loose fittings/hoses and or missing o-rings.

I used to test the pumps separate from the lines and fittings by dunking the suction side of the pump into a bucket of water(just the suction side not the entire head of the pump) and cycling it on and off and letting in run while watching the discharge side for the amount of water flow. If it would do this then the pump is working properly and would move on to the fittings and lines.

tlh178
05-25-2009, 11:51 PM
thanks medic, i'll play with it next weekend, but you seem too be onto something there. more then likely i just blew 50.00 on a new pump. as my old pump was doing the same thing. o'well such is life. i'll let you know what i figure out, thanks again !!!!