PDA

View Full Version : eliminate tall fescue in KBG

mroman
05-25-2009, 09:52 AM
I have tall fescue growing in my KBG sodded lawn which is about 4 years old now. I've read all the different ways to handle this from using roundup and reseeding the problem areas to getting Corsair or Certainty to kill off the fescue without hurting the KBG. My question is this. If I bought Certainty for example and I have more than just clumps like a typical lawn does would I get the same effect or would it make more sense just to kill off the entire lawn and renovate from seed?

Thanks

bigslick7878
05-25-2009, 08:46 PM
I have tall fescue growing in my KBG sodded lawn which is about 4 years old now. I've read all the different ways to handle this from using roundup and reseeding the problem areas to getting Corsair or Certainty to kill off the fescue without hurting the KBG. My question is this. If I bought Certainty for example and I have more than just clumps like a typical lawn does would I get the same effect or would it make more sense just to kill off the entire lawn and renovate from seed?

Thanks

Why would you want to kill off an entire lawn of nice sod for a few spots of tall fescue?

Just spot kill the tall fescue and overseed if it is bothering you that much.

A lot of great lawns have TTTF and KGB mixed BTW,some pics might be nice to see exactly what it looks like.

Im guessing it is the very coarse thick bladed tall fescue clumps,but if you take a rake and thin it out and then overseed and keep it mowed you probably wont be able to tell where the spots are.

White Gardens
05-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Check your local professional chemical supplier. There is a product out there that will selectively kill fescue and not other grasses. One guy I talk to got mixed results, and multiple applications were needed.