PDA

View Full Version : Echo PB 403T blowing Oil/Gas? out of exhaust

jondcoleman
05-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Does this mean that I definitely have a messed up valve, or could it be that one of my guys put too much oil in the mix? I have tried running it out but it keeps coming. A lot of times I can't get it to start but when I do I can keep it running for up to 60-90 seconds, then it shuts off (after spitting out oil onto the ground). Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Also, I have cleaned the carb once, poured out old gas and removed the spark arrestor.

LawnTamer
05-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Have you changed your spark plug? I would also look to see if you have the ability to adjust your carb, could be that you are just running too rich.

dutch1
05-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Did you clean/remove the anti spark screen in the muffler? If the screen is partially plugged you will not get complete combustion in the cylinder thereby emitting partially burned gas/oil mix.

Dutch

ron mexico75
05-25-2009, 11:32 AM
funny you posted. I am having a very similar problem with an old PB46 HT. Replaced the spark plug, checked air filter, sprayed carb cleaner all over cooling fins and into carb, got new gas and echo oil and nothing has changed.

It runs at almost half power at W.O.T. and smokes the whole time. Turn the throttle control down to low and the blower cuts off. The guy above posted cleaning the anti spark screen. That could be it according to the echo manual. I couldn't get 2 of the rusted screws out of mine and the heads ended up stripping out. Guess I need to use the Craftsman screw out set!

Hope you find out whats wrong. Same with me or else I'm off to he repair shop to pay a damn arm and a leg and probably have to wait 2 weeks.

jondcoleman
05-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Have you changed your spark plug? I would also look to see if you have the ability to adjust your carb, could be that you are just running too rich.

Hi thanks for the tips. I tried changing the spark plug, adjusting the carb, and have already removed the screen. One thing I just noticed is that my air filter was wet with gas. Why would gas be kicking out of the carb into the air filter? Thanks for your help!

Jon