PDA

View Full Version : Diversifying

jaybird24
04-02-2002, 11:16 PM
I'm looking into some other possible services related to outdoor maint. Ive done lot striping but found most of it needs to be done at night or weekends and i'd like to see my family from time to time. Anyone ever try pressure washing decks, patios, sidewalks, siding, etc. Seems like if you could find a market you could hire a guy to drive around all day just doing these things.:p

AVRECON
04-02-2002, 11:55 PM
Been doing the pressure washing gig for quite awhile. Of course now, everybody else is to. So the $300 wash jobs have turned into the $150 wash jobs. I believe if I started a dog doo doo pick up biz and was making good money at it. There would be 25 guys out the next year doing the same thing. And YES I've seen the links to the dog poop biz, LOL!

awm
04-03-2002, 08:14 AM
i do that some. try clorox on a deck ,and compare to pressure washed deck.think u might be surprized.by the way ,dont put clorox in a pressure washer with any brass fittings etc.

proline32
04-04-2002, 12:01 AM
I also have window cleaning services, which are great during the winter when things are slow, VERY PROFITABLE..... and little investment in tools too. Also debris hauling services, and I still do some coating consulting work for customers( used to be an industrial coating consultant.) I also do parking lot striping, and parking lot clean ups...... My wife doesn't mind me not being home.