PDA

View Full Version : small and large yard signs

David Gretzmier
05-25-2009, 11:56 AM
I have always put out a "landscape lights Installed" sign, with Logo and Number, in front of new installs if the neighborhood covenant allows it, and if not, I am looking at a small security type sign for a bed area beside the door. Do any of you do this or do you consider this tacky? I really don't get much response off these signs, but they seem to work really well for Christmas lights. Worth it or not?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-25-2009, 10:35 PM
In theory it should work very well. After all, you are putting your marketing message right beside a current display of your product/service. In actual practise I have never found site signs to generate any leads. I had some made up years ago, even some with lights on them (NS Constitution works great!) but they just did not generate any new leads.

Steve B
08-10-2009, 03:46 AM
I use similar signage (small 6" x 8" alum. signs near the mailbox) for my dog fence business and it does generate a decent amount of business for me. I would think it would work well for lighting also. I will say it doesn't do much until people start seeing a lot of your signs.

The tricky part is going to have the HO allow you to put them up. In the dog fence world it serves a purpose to notify the pedestrians that the dog will not be able to get them. It's actually required to have such a sign in some areas. For lighting it would be strictly done as a favor to you to help you sell more jobs. I'm sure plenty of people would be O.K. with it - but others wouldn't.

If you want to try them - I get mine from May advertising. It's expensive because you must get a min. of 250 of them. I think I just spent $600 for a batch.

David Gretzmier
08-10-2009, 05:38 PM
victorystore.com is who I ended up using. very reasonable and the larger signs, full color 24x24, both sides, around 3 bucks apiece in 250-500 volume.

Steve B
08-10-2009, 08:02 PM
That's who I use for my larger signs also.

The smaller ones I refered to stay up permanently - like the security signs.

Pro-Scapes
08-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Sometimes they work sometimes they dont but I found if they are unlit they never work so we use a spj wash light with a 13w lamp in it and a frost on the lens.

I pick them up local full color both sides chlorplast for 10 or 20 bucks ea i think. Bought a dozen a year and a half ago and still have em. I remove them about 2 weeks post install and wipe them off. Used the same sign several times.

Tim had some really great looking signs.

David Gretzmier
08-11-2009, 11:18 AM
I always thought that yard/real estate signs would be the one application I would use a solar/led to light the sign. to build, it would seem simple, a light weight, maybe 4 inch wide by 24 inch long solar collector on top, rechargable 26650 lithium batteries inside (longish c size batteries) and shrouded LED down lights with some warm nichia 5 mm leds on each side, they give out 7-10 lumens each on flashlights, so maybe 8 or so each side. I bet I could build these for under 50 bucks in parts. hmm...