PDA

View Full Version : Deck height problem

Tq23
05-25-2009, 04:56 PM
I have a 60 exmark lazer AS, and the cutting height is 1/2 inch difference than what the mower is saying. For example, the operator puts the setting to mow at 3.5 inches, then i measure the blades and they are only 3 inches off the ground and all the tires are filled to required PSI. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

mowerknower
05-26-2009, 01:36 AM
Just raise the deck up. The sticker is only a guide line, if it really bugs you that much get a new sticker and put it at the proper spot.

ricky86
05-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Over inflating the tires would be the easiest. If it has big hours on it, check the deck mount swivels. They are the parts that the lift assist springs push against. They will wear and drop the deck. They have zero play when new. There is also elongated slots on the lift arms and/or deck. They are not there for that reason, but you might pick up something. Last resort is cut a link out of the lift chains. You will pick up about an inch then try the other adjustments to lower it down. Some of these things can take alot of time to get it right.

Ruben Rocha
05-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Sometimes when adjusting a deck according to the manual. The cutting height will be correct at the adjustment height but when changing to the extreme height difference +/- you will start drift off a bit. I guess due to the linkage is not truly linear.
So if it bothers you that much. Follow the deck adjustment procedure in the manual but use a height where you mostly mow at instead of what the manual says to start with.