PDA

View Full Version : Dash cracked

VO Landscape Design
05-26-2009, 01:39 PM
When I bought my Dodge truck it had a small crack in the plastic dash under the windshield which has turned into a larger crack now going all four ways. It is too late to prevent more cracks I just want to keep it from vibrating and flapping when I go over bumps. Anybody have and idea for some glue or tape (that looks ok) to hold it from bouncing so much?
Thanks
VO

JDiepstra
05-26-2009, 02:13 PM
This is a common problem with older Dodge dashes. Did you get a diesel? www.cumminsforum.com is a great site for info on the diesel and there are a lot of threads about cracked dashes as well.

GravelyNut
05-26-2009, 03:28 PM
This is a common problem with older Dodge dashes. Did you get a diesel? www.cumminsforum.com is a great site for info on the diesel and there are a lot of threads about cracked dashes as well.
Define older. Doidge is replacing some on trucks that aren't out of warranty yet. It is a very common problem down here. The further south you are, the more plastic breaks down. 90 day plastic mulch in Canada will be broken down in S.Fl in under 2 weeks. And it isn't just Dodge's problem, all makes have to worry about it.

JDiepstra
05-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Hmmmmmm I thought is was mostly a second gen issue but I could be wrong. My 04.5 is not by any means new or old but the dash is fine and the truck is outside 24/7.

lyube
05-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Dodge interiors have always sucked, current year models included. It's a tradeoff for the wonderful engine.

JDiepstra
05-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Dodge interiors have always sucked, current year models included. It's a tradeoff for the wonderful engine.

I love my interior. I think it's better than the new ones.

VO Landscape Design
05-29-2009, 12:06 AM
Its a 2001 non diesel. Love the truck just noisy dash. Outside in Iowa 24/7.
VO

South Florida Lawns
05-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Down here it gets really bad. I have seen a cracked dash on an 02 dodge that turned into a gaping hole over one bump. Get some cardboard and fill in any holes, then get a dash rug to covr it and your good to go.

topsites
05-30-2009, 01:51 AM
Shoe Goo
Certain stores in your town probably sell it, this link is just for your reference:
http://www.a1fakhrisupply.com/servlet/the-36589/GOOP-Shoe-Goo-Adhesive/Detail

And believe you me, I've used up many a tube of that there goop and I don't think I've ever used it on actual shoes :p
I recommend, get the biggest tube!
Good stuff.

ProMo
05-30-2009, 10:54 AM
I have an o1 that had a cracked dash that i contacted dodge about several times and was told i was sol, a local news station did a story on cracked dodge dashes last year and I was able to get dodge to replace mine out of warranty.