PDA

View Full Version : Stihl KM Workshop Manual?

Yuanding
05-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Does anyone know whether there exists such a thing as a workshop manual for the Stihl KM Combi range of power units? I'm not talking about the owner's manual that just covers basic maintenance, but a manual that shows all the internals, illustrating how to take the engines to bits etc.

It's really frustrating that I can work knowledgably on almost any motorbike or car because there are good workshop manuals on public sale, but when it comes to a simple little two-stroke engine I have no technical, workshop information at my fingertips, and have only my own intuition to rely on. Are these manuals available and if so how do i get them?

dutch1
05-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Just my guess, but if they are available, they are most likely available only from a Stihl dealer. Stihl is fairly proprietary with their information as well as parts breakdowns of their equipment.

Dutch

mowerknower
05-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Yep your stihl dealer should be able to print one up for you. They may or may not charge you for it.

Yuanding
05-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Just my guess, but if they are available, they are most likely available only from a Stihl dealer. Stihl is fairly proprietary with their information as well as parts breakdowns of their equipment.

Dutch

Stihl dealer says no, only dealers are allowed access to manuals. What a stupid system! Surely the manuals are available somewhere outside of the dealer network. It's not like I'm asking for some kind of sacred scroll or something.

madmower
05-27-2009, 07:40 AM
hi which km do you have? please give me your email

Yuanding
05-27-2009, 07:59 AM
hi which km do you have? please give me your email

Thanks a lot! I have sent you my email by PM. Please post again if you don't get it. I've got a KM130R and also a KM55R