PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Landscape from Texas

Disgruntled_Veteran
05-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Hey all !! My name is JD , I originally from Houston , Texas but my new home is now Fort Worth.. Myself and my best bud were in the Communications Business in the Oil Industry but due to the poor economy and price of a barrel of oil alot of Texans including Chris and I were laid off.. We have always wanted to start our own business in something we enjoy doing. We started Veterans Landscape this April , the name of our company is what we are Military Veterans doing Landscape. Myself and Chris are both were both prior Military Veterans in the Army , Chris did Communications and I was a Paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne Division..

Love this website and I cannot wait to read more stories .. Look forward to chatting with you fellas !!

:usflag: JD :usflag:

DLAWNS
05-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Welcome to the site. Thank you for your service. My brother was an Airbourne Ranger back in the day, 2 of my friends are in the Army and served tours in Iraq, and my good friend and employee is training to go to Iraq in a couple of months so I see what you guys do and have so much respect for all you guys. Best of luck in your new venture!

Disgruntled_Veteran
05-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Thanks Dlawns , what was your brothers name ? I served in 3rd Ranger Battalion for a couple of years ..

Rangers Lead the Way SUA SPONTE

DLAWNS
05-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks Dlawns , what was your brothers name ? I served in 3rd Ranger Battalion for a couple of years ..

Rangers Lead the Way SUA SPONTE

I'd rather not post his name...when were you in if you don't mind me asking? I believe he was in in the early nineties.

Disgruntled_Veteran
07-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Ahh sorry forgot about this post, Hey I understand about the name thing ...
Looks like I had just missed his service tour there.. I was there from '01 to '03 ...

Man I just saw your name on there , its funny , one of my best buds name is Bill and he is from New York .. Hey man tell your brother a fellow RANGER said " Hey ! " and ask him if he misses the Darby Queen ? lol

DLAWNS
07-03-2009, 12:23 AM
I'll definitely tell him for ya.

Toy2
07-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Welcome and thank you both for your service,:usflag:

I hope the Bama is taking care of you....doubt it.........I'll leave it at that.....

Great site, lots of great info......stay cool...and thanks again.

Disgruntled_Veteran
07-03-2009, 11:54 PM
LOL yeah man don't get me started .. This year alone we have lost several benefits thanks to cough cough...

Thanks for the comments Toy..

rusty_keg_3
07-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Hey, welcome to the site... Thanks for serving!! :usflag::usflag::usflag::clapping::clapping:
sorry to hear about cough cough....

g21
07-27-2009, 09:14 PM
JD and Chris, welcome to the site and the industry! Son of a Marine...won't hold the Army thing agaist ya! lol You know I had to listen to all those barfight stories about Marines throwing the Army and Airforce guys through the windows! Hey, I gota let my pop tell it how he remembers it! Seriously, I want to thank you guys for your service. I don't take your sacrifice for granted. Our prayers are alway with the boys both over there and here at home.
Texas is a killer market with lots of potential (and competition) But as I told some other site members who recently served in the forces, you have a big advantage. You are acustomed to to doing things the "right way". The one thing I always seen in my dad is that the core taught him that when he does something, he does it right! Combine that with the embeding of honor and respect and it's a formula for success. Develop a set of operational systems that your company will live and die by...and don't deviate! Do quality work, have a fair but firms pricing strategy and build quality relationships. And this business will provide you and your family with a great life! If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask.
Tommy

Disgruntled_Veteran
07-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Hey thanks for the good words Tommy .. Lots of good input and I take it all to heart. As for the Army vs Marine vs Navy vs Airforce thing LOL , they are all fish stories man , everyones gets a little bigger ... Everyone gets their whippin some point or another , if they say otherwise its fish.. lol Thanks again Tommy

g21
07-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Thanks boys. Keep in touch!