PDA

View Full Version : North West Group

TheArchitect
05-27-2009, 06:53 AM
Hello All

I am currently in the process of liscensing and making North West Group (NWG) a legitimate company, NWG will be delivering landscape services to residential yards and minor home renovations.

A little about me, I have worked in landscaping for about six months but before that I had to maintain the family yard (2 1/2 acres) so I know what it is about. I have spent time learning to drywall working for a friend, spent time as an electrical apprentice with two different companies, I have spent time as a general labourer in construction as well.

I spent two years right out of school studying economics, history and psychology, none correlate directly to business except maybe economics. But you will not lose me once we start talking about cash flow valuations, profit margins, acceptable growth, goodwill and liabilities.

My landscape gear is as follows
Quantity ->Make ->Model
1 -> Stihl -> BR600 (Backpack blower 4 mix 64.8cc)
2 -> Stihl -> KM90 (Stihl tr28cc 4 mix split shaft)
1 -> Stihl -> HL135 (hedger attachment)
2 -> Stihl -> Linehead attach KM/RT (Weed whackers)
1 -> Shindawa -> 23cc 24" hedger (sword)
1 -> Toro -> LM 190cc Quantam P/P

Construction gear (cant remember all so forgive if this list is not as exact)
Makita - Drill, Sawzall, hammer drill and a light :D
Screw drivers, hammers, allan keys, level, sockets, ratchets.
Drywall saw, multimeter, plug checker.

I will be using an 91 GMC Sonoma as the work truck for the first year or two, once I make enough money to justify upgrading I will.

Doing purely residential works im under a vastly different operating scheme than alot of you, all my yards are under a 1/3 of an acre (1/3 of an acre being a huge yard for this town). Since my bidding is not spot on im charging an hourly rate and a minnimun charge of an hour, i expect my operating costs will be about $5 for ever hour operating. That was the closer I could narrow it down from serving with the other fellow and maintaining my own yard.

ALSO so this gets out of the way off the bat, I DO LIVE AT HOME! BUT my mother isnt carrying this on her back neither is my family, I have bills to pay to her and if I cant life will become well tough. I work from 11pm-7am and plan on running this company dualed with the fulltime job until I make enough money to justify going fulltime. I did not pick landscaping as an easy way out, this is something I want to do and if I do it well it will allow me to live how I wish to live (not rich but not poor 60-70k after taxs is fine by me), I know it is not high hopes but considering ill be making all my money between April and November, that is fine.

anyways nice to meet all of you.
TA

DLAWNS
06-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Welcome to Lawnsite! Good luck to ya!

TurfTrimmer 92
06-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Good luck and welcome.