PDA

View Full Version : Hockey puck yews

jaybird24
04-03-2002, 05:02 PM
Last week I saw this guy doing a property I took care of the last 2 yrs( 64 unit condos- high end ). He had hacked all the shrubs square and turned all the yews into hockey pucks. So I stopped and asked him if he knew what he was doing and tried to explain to him this is not how things should look ( I know I should mind my own business- but it took me 2 yrs to get it looking like it should in the first place). He tells me it would take too long and how do I know what to do. Told him OK and took off. Today the place calls me and begs me to come back- Made them sign a 3 yr contract so I could make sure it gets back to normal. The thing that sucks is I'm going to have to accept that until it looks right people are going to think the shrubs are my handywork. :(

LAWNS AND MOWER
04-03-2002, 05:08 PM
Put a sign in the yard saying " These bushes were NOT butchered by Jaybird24 Lawn Care Services " It drives me nuts when I drive around and see such sloppy work by lco's. I feel like talking to the homeowner and telling them that if they are paying over $1 to have their yard serviced, they are paying too much!!!!

LAWNS AND MOWER