PDA

View Full Version : Mileage/other items

JDT Property Care
05-27-2009, 05:32 PM
I recently upgraded to a blackberry. Curious if anyone uses a blackberry or similar phone to keep track of mileage or any other business related stuff? I currently write my milage down on a spreadsheet I have made and printed off. I have seen mileage programs out there for blackberry..curious if anyone used them, or anything like this to keep track right on the phone?

Thanks,

Jeff

LBLC_LCO
05-27-2009, 06:54 PM
No, but I would like to find that program. I'm horrible about writing my mileage down. I have a blackberry but really just use it for emails during the day while out in the field. Never know when you might need google maps or to search for something as well.

JDT Property Care
05-27-2009, 07:18 PM
The website I found and have been looking at different apps is

crackberry.com

bohiaa
05-27-2009, 07:31 PM
not sure about u guys trucks, BUT we only write down milage when the truck is being used for personal use. other than that it's all business. no point in writting it down every day

JDT Property Care
05-27-2009, 07:34 PM
not sure about u guys trucks, BUT we only write down milage when the truck is being used for personal use. other than that it's all business. no point in writting it down every day

That's not a bad idea...I never thought of it from that angle.....so say you do 15,000 miles for the whole year. you only write down 5,000 miles. You tell your accountant, or whoever that you did 10,000 miles business side and 5,000 personal miles?

LBLC_LCO
05-27-2009, 08:22 PM
The website I found and have been looking at different apps is

crackberry.com

Yeah crackberry is great.

LBLC_LCO
05-27-2009, 08:23 PM

Might have to try this way instead. seems like it would be much easier.

bohiaa
05-28-2009, 08:20 AM
That's not a bad idea...I never thought of it from that angle.....so say you do 15,000 miles for the whole year. you only write down 5,000 miles. You tell your accountant, or whoever that you did 10,000 miles business side and 5,000 personal miles?

you got it....

useually keep track of milage at the start of the year. then if using truck for personal. write down that milage. keep it somewhere. keep doing that all yeay. then subtract at the eoy.

it beets taking the tax man 40 to 50 little scrap paper with numbers on them.