PDA

View Full Version : Check out my new site and let me know what you think

SunState Lawn Care inc
05-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Finaly got into the 21st century LOL..... I just had my new site put together. I didn't do it but had someone build it for me since I am computer illiterate so to speak. I am hoping it draws in some new customers. Take a look and tell me what you think about it.
www.sunstatelawncare.com

Thanks!

billslawn89
05-27-2009, 07:19 PM
well, when i clicked on the link and came to your front page, i thought i was at a different site. whats up with the picture? you should have a picture like the one you have under services.. with your mowers or other equipment. not a picture of the homeland security building. wtf? otherwise, i guess its o.k., nice layouts...

VirginiaLawnCare
05-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Im with him what is up with the pictures I feel like I am on the homeland security's website when I first go to it I was like am i in the right place until I read the bottom. It would of been a good picture if your mowers were lined up and truck blocking the sign..

SunState Lawn Care inc
05-27-2009, 07:31 PM
well, when i clicked on the link and came to your front page, i thought i was at a different site. whats up with the picture? you should have a picture like the one you have under services.. with your mowers or other equipment. not a picture of the homeland security building. wtf? otherwise, i guess its o.k., nice layouts...

That's one of our customers.

billslawn89
05-27-2009, 07:35 PM
That's one of our customers.

well, thats great and all, but i think it shouldn't be on the front page, put it under another sub-title, like some of your work category.

SunState Lawn Care inc
05-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Suggestions on what would look better on the front page?

billslawn89
05-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Suggestions on what would look better on the front page?

picture of your truck and landscape equipment, even what virginia lawn said, it would of been a good pic if your truck and trailer was blocking the sign, something of that nature....

SunState Lawn Care inc
05-27-2009, 08:06 PM
I am going to get the guy to switch the pics out and make the residentail pic on the specials page the home page pic and move the other to the specials page, That should look better I think.

bohiaa
05-27-2009, 08:35 PM
yup, I thought I got into home land securtiy.... not sure if you can use there pic

VirginiaLawnCare
05-27-2009, 08:50 PM
yup, I thought I got into home land securtiy.... not sure if you can use there pic

Im sure you could use it, it isn't any offense to have a pictures of there building on a website. Becides hes not giving away top secret info or anything :laugh:.

I really think it would be a good pictures if you could get ur equipment all lined up in front of the sign with your truck. I'm sure that couldn't happen though but its a idea!

SunState Lawn Care inc
05-27-2009, 09:51 PM

Being as I got permission from the owner I guess it's ok. :hammerhead:

SunState Lawn Care inc
05-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Im sure you could use it, it isn't any offense to have a pictures of there building on a website. Becides hes not giving away top secret info or anything :laugh:.

I really think it would be a good pictures if you could get ur equipment all lined up in front of the sign with your truck. I'm sure that couldn't happen though but its a idea!

The sign has been altered to remove what office it is....... they asked that I not give the address out if I used it, That's why the sign looks so funny.

There isn't realy any room in front of the sign to put equipment the way it is laid out and the property is so strung out so to speak no other pics realy looked good.

Were switching the pics around to see how it looks that way. I will get more pics after all the rain stops and see if I can get any other properties that will look good there.

SunState Lawn Care inc
05-29-2009, 04:48 PM
OK How does it look now? I think it looks better with the new picture.

Client Critic
05-30-2009, 11:27 PM
Looks like a decent site... Have you signed your company up for FREE on www.clientcritic.com?

SunState Lawn Care inc
05-30-2009, 11:41 PM
Looks like a decent site... Have you signed your company up for FREE on www.clientcritic.com?

No talk to me about it.

WebMan
05-31-2009, 03:12 PM
It is pretty, but tell me one thing about the home page that would "sell" me on using your company? :confused:

Watch your stats daily and as you start getting search engine visitors see if they don't look at the home page for less than 20 seconds and then just leave... compare the # of visitors to the number who go on to your other pages and how much time they spend there. (and of course how many contacts you get from the site)
My bet is about 90% will hit the home page and move on...maybe I'm guessing high, might be 80%... nothing but a pretty picture and a list of services, nothing about your company to sell me on using you or entice me to go to read another page.

SunState Lawn Care inc
05-31-2009, 04:08 PM
It is pretty, but tell me one thing about the home page that would "sell" me on using your company? :confused:

Watch your stats daily and as you start getting search engine visitors see if they don't look at the home page for less than 20 seconds and then just leave... compare the # of visitors to the number who go on to your other pages and how much time they spend there. (and of course how many contacts you get from the site)
My bet is about 90% will hit the home page and move on...maybe I'm guessing high, might be 80%... nothing but a pretty picture and a list of services, nothing about your company to sell me on using you or entice me to go to read another page.

What do you suggest we put on the Home page?

Inspira
05-31-2009, 10:35 PM
To build on what web man is trying to say, get some real information on the main page. As a web developer, it's getting harder to convince clients that most websites aren't supposed to "wow" the audience anymore. A few years ago, it was all Flash intros, fancy pictures, drop shadows, etc. Finally, the web is what it should be - an extension of your advertising.

People want to come to your site and immediately be able to do two things in the least amount of time:

1. Figure out what you actually do
2. Contact you

The clearer/easier that is, the more likely your website will do what you need it to do.

tradeyouraccounts
06-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Have you got the Keywords and metatags taken care of? It may need some work to make it more search engine friendly.

mdvaden
06-16-2009, 12:25 AM

Depends.

Is it a goverment photo - because the US goverment can't copyright pics.

The photo on the page right now looks pretty good with the house and tree. If anything, try to crop off maybe 3/4 of an inch from the bottom to get rid of some of the street on the left, but save the right curb and mailbox - see how it looks. Just an idea.

You may get feedback to cull the big photo to put more text on the page for search engines, but I think it's up to you.

I don't like the look of equipment on the front. Why look industrial when people can enjoy being shown an appealing cover landscape.

:)

SunState Lawn Care inc
06-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Have you got the Keywords and metatags taken care of? It may need some work to make it more search engine friendly.

The guy that built it is trying to get that fixed now.