PDA

View Full Version : networking

supercuts
05-27-2009, 07:50 PM
just spreading an idea i had that has been implimented. ive gotten together with a few business over the years, a fert guy and a larger renovation/install/hardscape guy who doesnt do much in the way of general maintenance. we've been throwing work to eachother. well i started to talk to tree guy about it and we decided to sit down and meet eachother and invite others in.

right now we have lawn maintenance, landscaper, fert guy, tree removal, driveway seal coating, exterminator, septic, heating fuel company, and well pump services. we're talking to a painter, power washer. the idea is we all see things that may need help while at others properties and reccommend the customer call eachother. its been workign great. we're in the process of putting an advertisement together that says something along the lines of "reccomended by us" or "working together for you" which would simply be all of our business cards on one page we woudl all include in our invocies

food for thought, almost free advertisement. our goal is give work to eachother with no exchange of money. we also only ask in reputible businesses that dont or have little overlapping services.

bohiaa
05-28-2009, 08:17 AM
here in the town I live in I have done the same. started meeting the other LCO's and called a meeting. server refreshments and such. we share ideals. keep each other posted about non paying customers. give each other jobs that we cant do for what ever reason. and when we go out of town if there is some slack the other guys pick it up.

it's a realy GREAT way to keep a town NAILED down. keeps out the low ballers. were all on the same page..